Recently, while watching other people play Yandere Sim, I had a few revelations about how to fix and improve certain aspects of the game’s design. (Completely different realizations from the tutorial-related stuff I mentioned a few days ago.) I have an extremely clear mental image of what the game is currently lacking, and what needs to be done in order to improve the game’s design. I’m super excited to begin working on it, and then producing a video where I explain all of the ways that the demo has been improved since its first release!
But, for now, here’s another bug-fixing build. To see a list of everything that changed in the most recent update, please scroll down past this super-cute art by cj_17___!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that caused Osana to go directly into her “Check out all clubs” event occur before her “Phonecall from Stalker” event had completed, if she was alarmed by something while running to answer her phone call.
- In the “Congratulations on eliminating your rival” text message conversation with Info-chan, she will now recognize the “Bullied to Suicide” elimination method as a method that didn’t involve direct violence.
- Fixed bug that would cause Osana and Raibaru to still have “Talking about recent interaction with Senpai” events every morning, even if Osana had already been eliminated through her Befriend/Betray event.
- In the “Congratulations on eliminating your rival” text message conversation with Info-chan, she will now recognize the “Framed for Murder” elimination method as a method that involved violence.
- It’s no longer possible to save the game while a student is wet, since the game wouldn’t be able to accurately re-create the school scene if it was saved under those circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to remember what instructions the player had given to the Suitor about his appearance, after the player had reset the day.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Confessing to Suitor” bloom to be carried over to subsequent cutscenes, like the cutscene where Senpai meets Amai.
- The button to skip the credits is now “X” instead of “B” so that the “skip cutscene” button is always “X” across all cutscenes in the game.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from getting rid of the the “Spy” prompt for spying on Osana’s interactions, even if Osana was dead.
- Fixed bug that caused Cooking Club students to continue wearing aprons even while bathing in the shower room.
- Fixed bug that would make the tutorial images clip outside the border of the tutorial window.
- The “Spying on Osana’s interactions” cameras are now properly affected by School Atmosphere.
- Osana’s suicide will now cause Senpai to stay home from school for one day to mourn.
- Disabled Kokona’s events, since they were made redundant with the release of Osana.
- Osana’s suicide will now negatively impact the School Atmosphere.