This build focuses on general gameplay improvements rather than bug fixes, so I’m calling it a “Quality of Life” build! It has some commonly requested features that should please you!
To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down past this phenomenal artwork by EverydayTurkey!
First, I’ll cover a new feature that is most likely to be used very frequently:
Speeding Up Time
From now on, when holding down the Yandere Button (the button that is used to giggle or activate Yandere Vision) you will see 4 button prompts at the bottom of the screen. These button prompts will be used for performing “Yandere Actions”. The first “Yandere Action” that I have implemented in the game is the ability to gaze longingly at a photograph of Senpai. What effect does this have on gameplay? I’ll explain:
If you take a photograph of Senpai and save it to your photo gallery, you will see a “Speed Up Time” option appear when Yandere Vision is active. Holding down the “A” button (“E” key on keyboard) will cause Yandere-chan to take out her phone and stare at Senpai. This will cause time to move at 2x normal speed, while still giving you the ability to control Yandere-chan and make her walk around.
This is a sort of “replacement” for the speed-up-time debug command that many players became reliant on. It’s also sort of necessary for a game that involves stalking characters or waiting until a specific time of day for a scripted event to occur. Hopefully, this will improve the gameplay experience!
I anticipate that using this feature might result in some weird side-effects, and I apologize in advance for any bugs that occur due to this new feature!
If the button combination (left ctrl + e key) is uncomfortable on keyboard, I’ll look for an alternative in the future – but please keep in mind that Yandere Simulator is best enjoyed with a controller! That is really the “intended” way to play the game, so if you have the option, please play the game with a controller rather than a keyboard.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- On the Calendar screen, it is now possible to skip ahead to the next day. You can even skip past Friday and go directly into Saturday, as long as Osana is eliminated.
- The maid cafe minigame is no longer accessible in the morning before school begins; it’s only supposed to be available at night.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the cursor position on the “Find Locker” menu from updating correctly under some circumstances.
- Attempted to fix issue that would make students get stuck on the fountain when walking through the plaza.
- The Genocide Ending now requires 87 deaths instead of 85 (because of the addition of Osana and Raibaru).
- Fixed bug that made the screen turn blurry when checking out the Senpai Shrine in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Replaced some of the store-bought Japanese Garden models with new, original models.
- Updated the Scheme text for the Kidnapping Scheme, since it was missing a step.
- Removed debug commands that were accidentally left in the stalker house scene.
- Fixed bug that made the game look super blurry upon loading a save file.
- Updated the, uh, “reward” for completing the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- The player can now purchase two things from the Electronics Store.
- The Alphabet Killer Challenge now includes Osana and Raibaru.