Pretty much everything I wanted to say today is contained in that video, but there’s just one thing I’d like to elaborate on…bugs!
I spent the past 6 hours hunting for bugs in the build, and actually found a bunch of critical game-breaking glitches! Bugs that made the screen turn white and never return to normal, bugs that made multiple scripted events occur simultaneously, bugs that made Yandere-chan blink out of existence during cut-scenes…I managed to fix every issue that I encountered, but dang, I’m really glad that I decided to bug-hunt before releasing the demo!
Because I could easily find so many issues during a simple, cursory playthrough of the demo, I’m sure there are other issues that escaped my notice. This first release of the demo is doubtlessly going to be a bit rough around the edges. I’ll probably spend the rest of the day watching people stream the demo so that I can take note of bugs and quickly prepare a bug-fixing update to release within 24 hours. If you run into any issues, I apologize in advance!
There’s only one thing that I foresee being a problem. I usually test the game at a resolution of 1280×720. I recently learned that the depth-of-field effect looks different depending on the resolution that you’re playing the game at. So, if the game looks blurry for you, you might want to try switching to a resolution of 1280×720, until I can release an update that makes the depth-of-field effect appear consistent across all resolutions.
While implementing Osana, I made dozens of fixes / changes / additions / improvements to the game. Because I was making so many rapid changes to the game, I didn’t actually log most of the fixes/additions. I can show you a changelog, but it won’t actually be a complete list of all the changes. Click “Continue Reading” if you’re interested in seeing it, anyway!
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to attempt to attend a “meeting” while standing at their desk, if the player arranged a meeting with that student and then advanced time by attending class.
- Camera sensitivity when aiming Yandere-chan’s phone camera is now determined by the Camera Sensitivity option in the Settings menu.
- Removed exploit that allowed the player to kill without consequence if they were standing in the middle of the Occult clubroom.
- The button prompts that appear at town will now change depending on whether the player is using a keyboard or controller.
- It is no longer possible for characters to get trapped if the player blocks their path using a jug of bleach.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to stop a student who had been “Sent Home” by aiming a camera at them.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to use the “Send Home” feature on a student who didn’t have a phone.
- Fixed bug that make it impossible to pick up the cello case, even after joining the Light Music Club.
- It is no longer possible for characters to get stuck at the entrance to the gardening club.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to pick up one of the tapes in the basement.
- The Hardware Store on the street now has a shopkeeper.
- New music by CameronF305.
- Implemented Osana.