Phew! It took a lot more time than I expected, but I’ve finished testing every one of Osana’s features and confirming that everything works the way it’s supposed to. I fixed every bug I was able to find, fixed every exploit I noticed, and fixed anything I saw that looked janky. It’s such a relief to finally get past this stage of development!!
Of course, I’m pretty sure that there are still bugs in there somewhere. When I release the first build that contains Osana, it’s certain that people will discover bugs that slipped past me. However, I’ve confirmed that it’s possible to complete every one of Info-chan’s Schemes and complete every one of Osana’s elimination methods, so even if there are still bugs buried somewhere in there, there should no longer be any bugs that prevent progression or completion of objectives. (I hope!)
I have removed all “Anti-Osana Countermeasures” that prevent Osana from spawning in public builds. This means that I am now physically incapable of releasing a build that lacks Osana, since all the “Don’t let Osana spawn” code is removed. The next build I release is guaranteed to contain Osana in it, because no other option exists.
As I’ve stated before, I want the demo to feel like it’s completely different from the debug sandbox. I don’t want you to play the demo and think, “Oh, it’s the same thing as before, but Osana’s here now.” I want you to think, “WOW!! It looks and feels completely different!! So THIS is what the final game is going to look like?? Cool!!”
To achieve this goal, there are various aesthetic changes I want to make. Over the next few days, I am going to completely re-make the game’s title screen, touch up the game’s UI, and implement some graphical improvements to make the game look a lot more pretty. I already have all the assets I need to accomplish this, so there won’t be a waiting period before we enter this stage; I can jump right into it immediately.
I usually release an update on the 1st and 15th days of every month. The pre-demo graphical update will probably take a few days to complete, so I won’t be releasing a build on the 15th of this month. It’s a little difficult to predict how long this final pre-demo task will take, but I don’t think it’ll take anywhere near as long as it took to test Osana’s features.
As usual, I’ll continue to update the Trello page with my progress: https://trello.com/b/J0BiY9CS/yandere-simulator The “Graphical Update To-Do List” will probably become more detailed in the future.
It means a whole lot to me if you’re still continuing to check in on my progress after all this time! As always, thank you very, very much for following the development of Yandere Simulator!