Had to get in one last bug-fixing build before the big upgrade from Unity 2017 to Unity 2019!
The next build is going to be running on the Unity 2019 game engine. When that build comes out, compare it to this one, and let me know if you observed a significant boost in performance!
To see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll past this gorgeous artwork by Yiki chan:
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- After receiving assistance and guidance from a fellow programmer, made miscellaneous improvements throughout the code that should improve performance. You might get a better framerate in this build than the previous build! (And it’s only going to get better when we upgrade to Unity 2019!)
- Time no longer moves forward in Alphabet Killer Challenge. This prevents a situation where the target is in class and the player is forced to wait an extremely long time for the character to leave the classroom.
- The ability to access the Matchmaking feature has been removed. This is because now the majority of code related to Matchmaking is Osana-centric and no longer compatible with Kokona and Riku.
- Fixed bug that would cause Cooking Club students to prepare food in midair if they were splashed with water before they had a chance to prepare food that day.
- Smoke bombs will no longer work on students who are currently charging at you with intent to apprehend you.
- Fixed bug that caused the video camera in the basement to not fully render the environment in front of it.
- Reduced chance of blood-cleaner robot getting stuck when trying to pathfind to its next destination.
- Fixed bug that was preventing button prompts from appearing for the cassette tapes in the basement.
- Fixed bug that made Alphabet Killer Challenge skip over the 61st student, Shima Shita.
- Delinquents will no longer ignore giggles coming from the incinerator area.
- Implemented optimizations that sped up the game’s loading times.
- Fixed Vaporwave Mode, which was broken in the past few builds.
- In the previous build, I updated the Ebola-chan easter egg to give the player the option of cosplaying as “Corona-chan”. I really like the red china dress, and I want it to be accessible without activating an easter egg that is associated with death/disease. As of now, the china dress has been removed from the Ebola-chan easter egg. You can now access the china dress anytime by finding it in the “Meme Closet” along with the Doki Doki Literature Club cosplay and Crush Crush cosplay.
- Also, fixed bug that made Yandere-chan’s panties turn invisible while she was wearing the china dress. Oops!