When you think about it, it’s actually kind of a miracle that, over the course of the past 70 months, there haven’t been any events that took me away from development for an extended period of time. No jury duty, no family emergencies, no health issues, etc. But, unfortunately, that good luck couldn’t last forever.
The past 2 weeks were dominated by problems going on in my personal life, and as a result, I wasn’t able to work on the game as much as I wanted to. I was planning for the February 1st update to contain something really special: a long-awaited feature that I alluded to at the end of my previous video. However, it didn’t get to happen, because I rarely got an opportunity to sit down and work on the game. This is a pretty rare circumstance, and hopefully it’s not something that is going to extend into the future.
Even though I didn’t have the opportunity to make a big new addition to the game, I still found the time to make dozens of meaningful changes. The latest build contains 30 fixes/changes/additions, 3x more than the average build. All of these adjustments to the game will make the Osana demo much more enjoyably, and less janky! But before I share a list of all the changes in the latest build, I’d like to share a few videos with you:
First, Sakura Media released a new episode of LOVESICK! It’s really good – check it out!
YouTuber Chris.J Red created a really cool Yandere Simulator AMV set to a remix of Britney Spears’ “Toxic”! He really went the extra mile, and even created hand-drawn animation for it! Give it a watch!
Last but not least, SeanFilmProduction re-created my Promo Concept video entirely within Minecraft. I was unaware that Minecraft machinima had progressed to this point; I’m impressed with what he was able to accomplish!
Seeing so many awesome fan-made creations really warms my heart and fills me with determination to give you the best product I possibly can!
Anyway, without further ado, click “Continue Reading” to read the changelog for the latest build.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to permanently walk around all day with an object in their hands if the player attended class while that character was holding a dropped object (like a fire extinguisher). (This could lead to some ridiculous situations…)
- Fixed bug that was preventing teachers from using unique voice lines when realizing that Yandere-chan was guilty of murder (for example, if a teacher sees a corpse and then later sees Yandere-chan covered in blood, she deduces that Yandere-chan must be the killer, and she has a voiced line for this).
- Fixed bug on the yanderesimulator.com website that would make the “Wife” character cover up the text in her biography. (But, just to let you know, if this ever happens again, simply re-size the window to shrink the character, and the character won’t cover up the text anymore.)
- If the player killed a student while standing directly behind a student council member, this would activate a “dead-alive” bug where the game believed that the player had a game over, but the player was still allowed to walk around freely. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a phone addict to make you go to jail, if they realized you were guilty of a murder after taking a photo of a corpse (even though they didn’t actually have an incriminating photo of you, specifically).
- Fixed bug that would cause students to instantly become alarmed by Yandere-chan, if Yandere-chan was doing something suspicious within their cone of vision while the student was alarmed by a suspicious object on the ground.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student council member to instantly pepper-spray Yandere-chan from across the map, if they realized that Yandere-chan was a murderer while on their way to report a corpse to a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai to walk in place if the player caught his attention with a giggle, entered his “pink screen range”, freaked him out, and then walked out of his “pink screen range”.
- Fixed bug that would cause weird animation glitches to happen if Yandere-chan was shoved by a student council member at the same time as she was in the middle of a “lifting heavy weight” animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher’s pet to permanently freeze in place if the teacher thought that the pet was pranking them, then got distracted by a laugh as they were leaving the area.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a teacher from having a proper reaction to a corpse if she spotted a corpse while on her way to investigate something else that a student had reported to her.
- If you are playing the game with a keyboard, the loading screen will display a keyboard. If you are playing the game with a gamepad, the loading screen will display a gamepad.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to freeze in place while performing their “drinking water” animation if they were a certain distance from the player.
- Fixed bug that made it difficult/impossible for a teacher to pathfind to a corpse that died between two floors (for example, in a stairway area).
- Fixed bug that would cause blood pools to spawn in places that the player could not reach, if the player dismembered a corpse on a stairwell.
- Added hills/trees around the school environment, so that the player can’t see a giant empty void when peeking outside of the school walls.
- Corpses will no longer bleed when dropped in the burial area of the gardening club (because the blood would be impossible to clean up).
- Fixed bug that would prevent delinquents from reacting properly to the sight of a bloody weapon, dismembered limb, or puddle of blood.
- Finished replacing all instances of “Yandere-chan” from the end-of-day sequence. (That sequence should only use the name “Ayano”.)
- Saki/Kokona will now attack Yandere-chan if either of those two characters witnesses Yandere-chan attacking the other character.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Heroic student to magically drop dead if three Heroic students witnessed a death simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to wear two pairs of panties simultaneously, if she was using Uniform #3, #4, or #5.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to send a mind-broken slave to kill Kokona while the Matchmaking minigame was active.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to drag/carry Horuda’s corpse if she died at the spot where she sits on the rooftop.
- Removed the “Manga will make you late to school” text box, since that feature was removed from the game a while ago.
- Updated Unagi’s reputation points (liked/feared/respected) to better reflect his profile’s description.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to see Mission Mode HUD elements inside of Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to soft-lock if someone caught Yandere-chan pickpocketing.
- A student who witnesses pickpocketing will now alert the student that you were stealing from.
- Changed the school bell sound effect to one that has much higher audio quality.