There is an archive where you can download old builds of Yandere Sim from as far back as 2014. The oldest builds are simply benchmarking tests / school environment previews, with no gameplay.
However, there is an even earlier build of Yandere Simulator that was never put online – the one featured in this video. Someone recently asked me to make it publicly available, and I can’t see any reason why not, so I’ve decided to release it today!
You can download it here:
This prototype contains more than just one small test environment. In this build, you can see:
- The original “YandereDev logo” I planned to use
- The original title screen
- The original intro cutscenes
- A gameplay sandbox
- A school environment
- A small environment for testing the “stuff body parts into a guitar case” feature
Please keep in mind that this prototype was created in 2014, and is extremely incomplete. For example:
- The menus can only be navigated using keyboard. No controller support.
- Sometimes you advance using the spacebar, sometimes you advance using the enter key. It’s inconsistent.
- The gameplay sections are only compatible with controller. No mouse+keyboard support.
I’m releasing this prototype for its novelty value; simply because it might be entertaining to look at an old, primitive version of Yandere Sim. Fixing the flaws described above would not be a productive use of my time, so I’m simply releasing it “as-is”.
- To return the level select screen, use the Esc key to return.
- If it freezes while loading into a specific level, use the Esc key to return to the level select screen, then try again.
- There are three characters located somewhere in the school scene! Can you find them?