Today’s video is different from most of the videos I’ve uploaded. It’s directly related to Yandere Simulator, just like all of my videos always have been, but the focus of the video is something else entirely.
You’ve probably seen a lot of YouTubers making videos about a specific subject lately. I’m not making this video because the subject is “topical” or because I want to hop on a bandwagon; I’m making this video because I want to send a loud and clear message.
By the way – want to hear a bit of trivia? When I’m writing a script for a video or editing a video together, I don’t make any effort to avoid certain words or visuals that might cause the video to be demonetized. I frequently say words like “murder” “corpse” “kill” and show violence and blood in almost every video. In short, I just don’t really care whether or not YouTube runs ads on my videos.
With that said…over the past 25 months, only two of my videos have been demonetized. Isn’t that surprising, considering the fact that nearly every one of my videos features blood and murder?
Anyway, here’s the interesting part: Apparently, this new video crosses a line that none of my videos have crossed over the past 25 months, because it was demonetized instantly, as soon as I finished uploading it. It doesn’t matter, though; I don’t care if this video is “not appropriate for all ages”. The purpose of this video is to send a message, not to be family-friendly or make profit.
I bet you’re curious to hear about Osana progress. I’ll describe the stage that I’m currently at:
For a long time, Kokona served as the “guinea pig” for testing out various elimination methods. For example, even though Kokona is not actually a rival, it was possible to report Kokona to the guidance counselor and get her expelled, to test the process of expelling a rival.
As part of the process of implementing Osana, I have to go through the game and hook up the expulsion code to Osana’s expulsion-specific events. At this point in time, the game is no longer using “Kokona debug test” code, and is now set up to actually expel Osana for real. As a result, it’s no longer possible to get Kokona expelled in the current debug sandbox.
That’s a really significant sign of the stage we’re currently at; we’re at the point where you’re actually going to see certain functionality start disappearing from the game, because that functionality is evolving from “placeholder for debug testing” to “fully operational on a real rival”, as it is supposed to be.
In case all of that was too complex to understand, I’ll phrase it a different way:
I wanted you to be able to test the expulsion feature for as long as possible, so I kept it attached to Kokona for a long time. The fact that I’ve moved the expulsion feature from Kokona to Osana means that I’ve reached the stage of development where I finally do the things that I intentionally put at the end of my list. In other words, I’ve nearly reached the very end of the list of things that need to get done for Osana to be complete!
While implementing Osana, a lot of these types of changes piled up. Click “Continue Reading” to read how the game has changed.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- It is no longer possible to use the Expulsion method on Kokona; as part of implementing Osana, the Expulsion method has been re-worked to function with Osana rather than Kokona. Although it has been disabled, you will be able to experience it again once Osana is out. (As a consequence, it is no longer possible to enter the Counselor’s office and speak with her.)
- It is now possible to sabotage one of the vending machines with a screwdriver. This will cause the vending machine to eat your money without dispensing any drinks. (This is related to one of Osana’s elimination methods.)
- Fixed bug that would cause students to ignore Yandere-chan’s behavior if they reported a weapon to a teacher earlier in the day (and the weapon had been moved from its location by the time the teacher arrived).
- It is no longer possible to hand a snack to a character if they are still in the process of walking into the school at the start of the day. (This fixes an Osana exploit.)
- The answer sheet in the faculty room is no longer present on any day except for Friday. (This is related to an Osana event that is exclusive to Friday.)
- Fixed bug that caused the game to remember corkboard pins and strings even if the player deleted their save data or moved to a different save file.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from being able to crouch while running if “Toggle Run” was enabled in the Settings Menu.
- Sakyu Basu will now react to the sight of her ring being stolen. (This is to make one of Osana’s elimination methods more difficult.)
- It is no longer possible to sneak a box cutter past a metal detector using a cardboard box.
- Finally gave proper “Student Info” to the martial arts club members.
- Himari now has enough strength to apprehend Yandere-chan.