I’ve prepared a new build containing some important bug fixes, but before I talk about that, there’s something I’d like to mention. Last year, I wrote a blog post to put a spotlight on a specific artist in the Yandere Simulator community. This year, I would like to show my appreciation for that artist once again!
Every year, for “Inktober”, a Russian artist named TachTan creates 31 illustrations – one for every day in the month of October. These illustrations feature Yandere Simulator characters, often in situations that you’ve never seen them in. For example, the students checking out a dinosaur skeleton in a museum:
To my delight, TachTan has done it again this year – 31 gorgeous drawings, each illustrated 24 hours apart from each other! I have a lot to say about TachTan’s art, so click “Continue Reading” to see the rest of this post (along with a list of everything that changed in the latest build).
In Yandere Simulator, there are a lot of situations that would probably occur within the game’s universe, but will never actually be seen over the course of the game. For example, we can assume that, one snowy day, Osana waited under a lamppost while wearing comfy winter clothing as she waited for Senpai to show up. It’s an entirely plausible scenario, but there’s no reason for me to create those visuals for you. TachTan draws situations exactly like the one I just described, and allows you to see aspects of the Yandere Simulator world that you won’t actually see within the game itself:
TachTan goes above and beyond, filling each illustration with an enormous amount of detail; just think about how much time it took to draw each individual rose in this image:
This year, TachTan colored nearly every illustration she drew, but sometimes used black-and-white to achieve a specific aesthetic:
There’s also a fair bit of humor in TachTan’s art, such as this illustration of how the Art Club might react to seeing Osana waiting for someone underneath the confession tree:
The sheer amount of creativity and beauty in each illustration blows me away, and the affect is compounded by the knowledge that each of these illustrations were produced within a day’s time. That’s absolutely astounding!
I could gush endlessly about how much I love TachTan’s art, but I’ll stop here. Please head to TachTan’s DeviantArt gallery and admire her beautiful artwork for yourself – and don’t forget to check out what she drew for 2017 and 2018, as well!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from ever being able to use the sewing machine if they activated Kokona’s quest and then reset the day without completing it.
- The player will now start Mission Mode with $10 so that it’s possible to buy enough salty snacks to complete a Multi-Mission that involves electrocuting 10 students.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a student from finishing bathing if the camera wasn’t pointing in their direction when they began bathing.
- Any easter egg that requires the player to type a phrase on the keyboard can no longer be activated if Yandere-chan is sitting.
- Heroic students will no longer run when investigating giggles. (They will only run if they are investigating a scream.)
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to slide backwards after asking a student to remove a box cutter from a box.
- The keys to unlock the robot easter egg will no longer appear in LoveSick Mode / Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused the “using sewing machine” animation to play in the wrong location.
- Improved the arrows (“beatmap?”) for the “Queen of Dance” song on the dance machine.
- Added one new song to the dance machine.
- Adjusted student reputation values.