Got a new build to fix some issues that people were reporting with the street scene, as well as some issues completely unrelated to the street.
To see a list of everything that’s been changed in the latest build, scroll down past this video of amazing Osana and Kizana cosplay from Comic Con Russia 2019!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Reduced the blur effect in the street scene. (I learned that certain screen resolutions actually changed the intensity of the blur effect. The blur looked reasonable at 1280×720 resolution, but if anyone was playing the game at a resolution above 720p, the blur was way more intense than I intended for it to be. I was completely unaware of this until I saw recordings on YouTube of the street scene looking extremely blurry.)
- Fixed bug that would cause a student’s lab coat to turn invisible if the player killed a student wearing a labcoat, dragged their corpse away, and rotated the camera so that the location of their death was not visible.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student council member to get stuck if they walked into a bucket trap while returning a dropped weapon back to its original location.
- The coin-operated binoculars in the street scene no longer have controls that are inverted from normal gameplay controls.
- Fixed bug that caused Student Council members to react to Yandere-chan’s misbehavior using the teachers’ voiced lines.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona’s date to have parts of his face disappear at certain camera angles.
- There is now an “Are you sure?” prompt that appears before the player goes to the Maid Cafe menu.
- Adjusted placement of text prompts in the street scene to prevent clipping issues.
- Mei Mio has her glasses again.
- Officially, Yandere Simulator is only available for Windows. However, I’m aware that some people use a Windows emulator called “Wine” to play it on Mac/Linux. There is a bug exclusive to the Wine-emulated version of Yandere Sim; if you alt+tab to another program, then return to Yandere Sim, the mouse cursor will no longer stay within the boundaries of the game window. Although I cannot commit to fully supporting Mac/Linux at this point in time, I have implemented a change that I hope will fix the mouse cursor bug, to hopefully make things a little smoother for people who are trying to emulate Yandere Sim on Wine.