Yesterday, somebody played Yandere Simulator for 7 hours straight, and streamed every minute of it. I dropped by to watch their broadcast for a little while, and unexpectedly gained a huge amount of valuable insight. I heard a lot of useful feedback, learned what parts of the game are currently too tedious, and witnessed bugs I’ve never seen before. I wish I could catch a stream of Yandere Simulator on a daily basis so that I could always have access to this kind of helpful information – but, since Yandere Sim is still banned from Twitch, and because all other streaming platforms are relatively inactive, it’s a very rare luxury for me to get this kind of insight and feedback. After Osana is released, it should become a priority to appeal to Twitch and ask them to reconsider the game’s ban.
While watching that broadcast, I fixed every bug I witnessed (as long as the steps for replicating the bug were clear) and also made miscellaneous small improvements. As a result, a new build is now available! To read a list of everything that is new in the latest update, scroll down past this super-cool artwork by Baka Mikito!
This is a illustration of the “Bad Romance” easter egg – one of my favorites! Speaking of easter eggs, this new build has something hidden for you to discover…click “Continue Reading” for a couple of hints!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that caused the pause menu to slide upwards if the player pressed the spacebar at the pause screen. (This functionality is only supposed to be available during a Multi-Mission in Mission Mode.)
- Fixed bug that caused a knee-high barrier to appear outside of the school after completing the Light Music Club minigame. (It was a work-in-progress and not yet ready to be revealed.)
- Using the debug turtle to clean clothing will no longer result in a scenario where the game believes that there is no clean clothing present at school.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to freeze in place permanently if a delinquent began chasing her while she was dumping a body into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the School Atmosphere from starting at the appropriate default level when starting a new game.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to get stuck and spin in circles while cleaning toilets inside of a bathroom.
- Fixed bug that prevented Cooking Club students from dropping their food trays when being splashed with water.
- Fixed bug that prevented save files from being affected by the white fade-out when leaving the title screen.
- Added teeth to Yandere-chan’s smile when the title screen. Just looked weird without teeth.
- Fixed bug that caused Megami to appear on a laptop she wasn’t supposed to be visible on.
- Fixed bug that caused students to get stuck on the robot leg in the Science Club.
- Reduced the volume of the woodchipper and radio, since they seemed way too loud.
- Yandere-chan now has a different line for complimenting male students.
- Fixed some inaccurate subtitles for certain students’ Tasks.
- Added warning message to the debug turtle menu.
- Added a new easter egg. I’m not telling you how to activate it! You’ll have to figure it out on your own. I’ll only give you two clues: First, look for one big thing. Then, look for five small things. Good luck!