Good news! I’ve been making lots of progress with Osana and Raibaru lately! In this video, I talk about the sorts of things I’ve been working on.
This video isn’t really about showing off every bit of progress I’ve made recently; rather, the purpose of this video is meant to paint a clear picture of the type of work I’ve been doing recently, and elaborate about the things that I have to consider during the process of implementing Osana/Raibaru. (I do show off some of my accomplishments, though!)
I’ve also prepared a new build today! Click “Continue Reading” to check it out:
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- It is no longer possible to commit murder if there is no spare clothing available at school (it would lead to a situation where the player is stuck in a towel in the locker room and has no way of obtaining any more clean clothing). There is a tutorial pop-up explaining this if the player attempts to attack someone without any spare clothing at school.
- A lot of people reported that the game was crashing when they attempted to load into the school environment. This may have been due to the new compression I was testing out, so I’ve disabled it. Maybe the game won’t crash anymore.
- Added a wooden platform behind the legendary cherry tree. (This is to allow a place for people to stand so that I can place potential witnesses within the proximity of the cherry tree.)
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to permanently hold a bottle of poison in her hands if she was sent to the guidance counselor while poisoning a student’s food.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan’s arms to clip into her body if her sanity was low when she was arrested during the End of Day sequence.
- Fixed bug that caused hallucinations to appear during the End of Day sequence if Yandere-chan’s sanity was low when the day ended.
- Re-designed some aspects of the the plaza area. (This is to facilitate that option of stealth gameplay during Osana’s week.)
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to interact with a student after they drank water at a water fountain.
- Replaced Musume Ronshaku’s old task with a new one (her old task was too similar to one of the delinquent tasks).
- Adjusted student likes/dislikes (Every student needs at least 5 likes and 5 dislikes for gameplay purposes).
- Added a little visual effect that appears when Yandere-chan giggles.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Updated two student portraits.