The intro cutscene is almost finished! After some final adjustments to the music and animations, I’ll put it into the game. I’ve been working on other features, too, but I’m not ready to show them to you just yet. I didn’t want to let a month pass without showing signs of progress, so I’ve decided to give you a short preview of the intro cutscene. I hope it makes you excited to see the final version!
Additionally, I’ve prepared a new build with some bug fixes and minor additions. Click “Continue Reading” if you’re interested!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- From now on, the End-of-Day sequence will include a new segment: eyewitnesses who saw Yandere-chan commit murder will report her to the police. If at least 5 students accuse Yandere-chan of murder, she will be arrested. If less than 5 students accuse her, the police will not have enough justification to arrest her. (Cowardly students will not report the player to the police.)
- Fixed bug that would make teachers attempt to pathfind to an unreachable location if they were attempting to reach an object that was placed very near the edge of the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would enable the “Apologize” option and allow Yandere-chan to apologize to students, even if they hadn’t actually witnessed her doing anything worth apologizing for.
- Accessories that were programmed to change color when the player pressed the spacebar will now change color when the player presses the Left Alt key, instead.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to freeze in place during the Struggle minigame if the minigame was initiated while Yandere-chan’s sanity was below 33%.
- Fixed bug that could cause Yandere-chan to be apprehended by a group of students, even after she had already gotten a game over.
- Fixed baseball bat animations that would cause students to pop up into the air and flail around after being killed.
- Attempted to fix exploit that would allow the player to kill Nemesis from extreme distances.
- Fixed bug that would allow students to be distracted by a scream while vomiting.
- Minor aesthetic changes (some male characters were using female face textures).
- Added cool post-processing effects to the Mission Mode menu.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added a new easter egg.
Anime Expo is happening in July! I’d like to hold a fan meet-up, like I did in previous years – but I would be awfully embarrassed to show my face in public unless I had been making lots of impressive progress. So, I’m going to try my best to accomplish a very important objective by the end of June; it’s something that is directly connected to Osana. I hope that I won’t let you down!