A long time ago, I wrote a list of ways that I wanted to improve the “Sanity” feature. In this build, I decided to finally implement those improvements. It’s a simple build with a small number of changes, but it’s something that I wanted to take care of before focusing on my next task: creating a progress report video.
To see a list of everything that was added, changed, or fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this awesome illustration by mcfle!
When Yandere-chan’s sanity is very low (less than 33.33%)…
- …she will begin to have “intrusive thoughts” – no matter how hard she tries to concentrate, she will be unable to stop thinking about killing her rival. From the player’s perspective, these thoughts will be perceived as ghostly visions of Yandere-chan performing gruesome murder animations on Osana.
- …she will become unable to control her twisted feelings, and will giggle to herself, which will attract the attention of people around her. (The frequency of the giggles depends on the exact level of her sanity. At highest frequency, she will giggle once every 10 seconds.)
- …she will lose the ability to distinguish people from one another. Because the only person she cares about is her Senpai, everyone else will start to look like a dark blur. Her fellow students will lose all color, and will appear as black silhouettes.
- …smudges will appear around the edges of the screen. (I promised this feature in 2014, and didn’t implement it until today!)
- …she will become unable to resist her murderous urges, and will automatically attack anyone who is within range.
- …the game’s visuals will become more desaturated.
Additionally, Yandere-chan’s current level of sanity will now be represented by a semitransparent number visible over the cardiograph at the bottom-right corner of the screen. You no longer have to try and figure out what level of Sanity she’s at by looking at a squiggly line that turns from pink to red.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to fly through the air if they picked up a dropped object after consuming emetic poison. (Yep, you heard that right. It was a real bug.)
- Crouch-walking or crawling in front of Senpai will no longer result in an instant game over (instead, it’ll just creep him out, like standing too close to him).
- Fixed bug with Social Butterfly code that would prevent them from achieving their goal of traveling to a location with many students present.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from entering the correct animation when caught and sent to the guidance counselor.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly formatted the Discord Rich Presence text.
77 thoughts on “April 30th Sanity Update”
I have a suggestion for update a game over scence with yandere in jail
I have an idea for a optional rival. After you defeat Megami (not implemented into the game yet) you should be able to have an OPTIONAL rival that prevents you from having Senpai (a final rival). Why? Because that rival loves you. You would have to get rid of the rival before they (insert methods: kill senpai, kidnap you, etc.) Again, this is just a suggestion that I have, and thank you for reading. Have a great day!
I would love that! A yandere going for a yandere! Very smart ^.^
Very great idea! Please add this, YandereDev! I would greatly appreciate it and I bet other people would appreciate it too! I also like that Sky UP101 said it could be optional, in case other people don’t like the idea, it could be an optional final boss…kinda like Nemesis but after Senpai instead of Ayano. Please consider it, YandereDev, thank you!
Wouldn’t it be easy to stop? If the rival is to you like you are to senpai, simple rejection should work, right? Or else the rival must react differently than you do.
I really like the idea of this, especially the idea of making it optional. Kinda like a final challenge if you feel up for it while most players will probably feel burnt out over the official last rival, this one would be kind of like playing the surviving soldier in Resident Evil 2, a quick rush of all the game’s mechanics while they’re being pushed to their limits! The situation would probably be randomized and would need the player to act with extreme precision to either save Senpai, themselves, (And/or both) or attack this other Yandere. I hope this idea gets implemented Skyler because it’s just too awesome not to!