New build! Half bug-fixes, half improvements. You might be interested to know that I’ve finally added a map to the game! You can now press the spacebar key (or “Back” if you’re using an Xbox controller) to open up a map. You can move around it with the mouse cursor and zoom in with the scroll wheel. You can change the height by pressing the buttons displayed at the bottom of the screen. (This allows you to switch between different floors; ground level, rooftop, etc.)
To see a list of everything else that was changed in the latest build, scroll down beneath this cool video by SnowTheSaltQueen! They’ve got a lot of cool cosplay on their Instagram, including some Yandere-chan cosplay!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- When Yandere-chan stands in front of a door, a little pop-up appears at the bottom right corner of the screen, telling the player the name of the room they’re trying to enter (such as “Announcement Room”). Due to a bug, this pop-up was sometimes displaying the name of a room *above* the current room. This bug has been fixed.
- Pressing the Debug Key during Mission Mode will now open up a small debug menu that allows the user to choose whether or not they would like to censor panties/blood/weapon-based killing animations.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to alternate back and forth between investigating two suspicious objects, no matter how many times they had already investigated those objects.
- When pushing the Q Key (or the B button on gamepad) while pushing someone off the roof, you will now see a picture-in-picture view of that person hitting the ground.
- If you speak to a student after putting a note in their locker, you can now see a button prompt that will cause the student to go check their locker for the note.
- Fixed bug that could allow Yandere-chan to be shoved or pepper-sprayed by a student on a different level of the school (above the ceiling or below the floor).
- Added a map to the game! Press spacebar (or “Back” on the Xbox Controller – where “Select” would be on a PS2 controller) to open up the map and check it out.
- Tutorial pop-ups can no longer appear while the Cinematic Camera is active (this could create the impression that the game had frozen).
- Fixed bug that would make Yandere-chan stare at the sky in the End of Day sequence when she’s supposed to be staring at Senpai.
- Fixed bug that caused tutorial messages to be displayed even after the player had already seen them once on a previous day.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to navigate the Pause Screen while the Multi Mission target list was displayed onscreen.
- During a Multi Mission, the pause screen will now communicate which students are dead and which ones are still alive.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to hear Delinquent voice lines no matter how far away they were from the player.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to start a “Multi Mission” in Mission Mode without selecting any targets first.
- Fixed bug that could cause the Multi Mission target list to appear on the pause screen in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to pick up cassette tapes in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- Added a short animation that will play whenever Yandere-chan equips or de-equips a weapon.
- Yandere-chan will no longer be bald when aiming her camera in Cinematic Camera Mode.
- Tutorial pop-ups are now automatically disabled in Mission Mode.
- Added 5 more tutorial pop-ups to the game, for a total of 15.