I thought that YouTubers wouldn’t bother to touch the previous build, but I sure was wrong! I saw lots of bugs and exploits discovered by YouTubers, and I’ve compiled a massive update with numerous fixes!
This build isn’t just about bug fixes, though; it also contains around 13 other miscellaneous changes, ranging from Mission Mode adjustments to game design improvements.
To see a full list of everything that has changed in this build, scroll down past this gruesome-yet-beautiful artwork by Seaside-Cat!
- Characters will now react to the sight of Yandere-chan carrying bloody clothing. (I didn’t realize this wasn’t a feature in the game until now!) Being spotted carrying around bloody clothing is considered the same as carrying around evidence of murder (like a severed limb). If this is too harsh, then I’ll change the punishment to something else in the future.
- Removed the “students react to footsteps at low school atmosphere” feature, since it was changing the intended game design significantly and creating weird exploits. The feature may eventually be re-added if I can figure out a better implementation.
- If there are bloodstains present at school when the police arrive (but no corpses) the text that displays during the End-of-Day sequence will reflect this.
- If a student reports a severed limb to a teacher, the teacher will ignore less-important things (like dropped weapons) on the way to investigate the limb.
- If a student reports a corpse to a teacher, the teacher will ignore less-important things (like dropped weapons) on the way to investigate the corpse.
- If the police arrest someone, school atmosphere will go up, since the population of the school believes that the perpetrator has been caught.
- If Yandere-chan picks up a weapon while a teacher is walking over to investigate that weapon, Yandere-chan will get in trouble.
- Removed the matchbox from Info-chan’s Drops menu, since the mechanics for setting someone on fire no longer involve matches.
- Characters will now react to the sight of bloody clothing on the ground, and will report bloody clothing to teachers.
- Yandere-chan will now wear a towel over her body when she takes off her clothing in the girls’ locker room.
Mission Mode Specific Changes
- Reduced the amount of time that students are willing to pose for a photograph in Mission Mode, to nerf an exploit that allowed the player to separate a student from other students by aiming a camera at them for a long time.
- Changed the font used for the Mission Mode menu, because it had unintended side-effects when the game was running with 1/8 textures.
- When a corpse is discovered in Mission Mode, the game will now display the name of the character who discovered the corpse.
- Fixed bug that prevented teachers from reacting properly to Yandere-chan if she was holding a mop while doing something bad (like trespassing). Teachers send Yandere-chan to the guidance counselor for carrying a mop at the wrong time, since it’s interpreted as being immature, goofing around, and causing a disruption.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to react with the “You’re trying to cover up a crime!” line instead of the “You’ve killed someone!” line when witnessing Yandere-chan carry a corpse.
- Fixed bug that prevented students from performing a group takedown if they were investigating a suspicious object at the point in time when the group takedown was initiated.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to drown a student anywhere if the phase of the day changed (from Cleaning Time to After School) while the student was scrubbing a toilet.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to react to Yandere-chan’s current state (armed, bloody, insane) upon witnessing a corpse, even if Yandere-chan wasn’t visible or nearby.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a student from being able to notice suspicious objects if they successfully reported a suspicious weapon to a teacher earlier in the day.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to break a student council member’s animations and routine by alarming them while they were investigating a suspicious object.
- Fixed bug that prevented teachers from reacting properly if Yandere-chan picked up a weapon that the teacher was currently running towards.
- Fixed bug that caused the dialogue in the Life Note cutscene to advance automatically, without waiting for the player to press a button.
- Fixed bug that caused students to get distracted by suspicious objects while they were on their way to report a corpse to a teacher.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to be automatically pepper-sprayed if a Student Council member reported a weapon to a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to follow Yandere-chan around if she picked up a weapon while they were investigating it.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to punish Yandere-chan for trespassing instead of murder, if she murdered while trespassing.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a student from performing the proper animation if attacked while investigating a blood pool.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to ignore all weapons after finding one weapon and putting it in the faculty room.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to slide across the ground after sending Yandere-chan to the guidance counselor.
- Fixed bug that caused a rectangular skin texture to appear on Yandere-chan’s body during the Cyborg easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would give Sukubi Dubidu the wrong skin color when he swapped from one outfit to another.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Yandere-chan offers snack to a student” dialogue from appearing onscreen.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to say the wrong words upon seeing Yandere-chan next to a corpse.