New video, new build! Check it out!
Remember how the last big update – the ability to drop stuff on students and light them on fire – resulted in a ton of new bugs? Well, I’m gonna keep it real with you; this build might have the same issue. This update involved MASSIVE overhauls to the “teacher receives report / teacher investigates report” feature, and it’s entirely possible that there might be new bugs with that feature, and also bugs when students and teachers react to suspicious objects. I tested every situation I could think of and fixed every problem I found, but there might be some edge-cases I didn’t think of testing, so you might run into some weird bugs in this build. (That’s the point of these debug builds, though; for people to find and report bugs.)
Watching YouTubers play Yandere Simulator is, by far, the best way for me to learn about flaws, exploits, and bugs in the game. However, I’m fully prepared to accept the possibility that YouTubers will ignore this build, since this update probably doesn’t contain anything that a YouTuber could make an entertaining video about; the fact that students can now react to blood probably won’t excite or thrill an audience. It’s one of the most significant changes to Yandere Simulator’s gameplay in years, but it doesn’t introduce new content that facilitates a cool video. It should definitely make things more challenging during Mission Mode (or throw a wrench in your plans if you’re planning a “Kill All Students” challenge”) but outside of those kind of scenarios, I understand if this new build isn’t considered “YouTube Material”.
To read a list of everything that was added, fixed, or changed in this build (and to see some special artwork of Yamiko, the protagonist of Life Note) click “Continue Reading”!
Blood Pools, Bloody Weapons, and Severed Limbs
- If a student finds a pool of blood, they will walk over to it and investigate it.
- After confirming that they have discovered blood, the student will run and tell a teacher.
- The student and teacher will run to the location where the blood was spotted.
- If the teacher doesn’t find blood (because the player has cleaned it up), she will assume she is being pranked, and return to the faculty room.
- If the teacher does find blood, she will call the police.
- If any character witnesses Yandere-chan mopping up blood, they will realize that Yandere-chan is trying to cover up the evidence of a crime, and will react according to their persona. (For example, teachers will try to apprehend the player.)
- If a student has lost a teacher’s trust, they won’t bother to reporting things to teachers anymore, and instead will go hide in a classroom where they feel safe.
- If a second student finds blood while another student is already reporting the blood, the second student will go wait in class while the blood is being reported.
- Everything stated above also applies to dismembered limbs and bloody weapons, as well.
- If the player picks up an object that can be used as a weapon and drops it more than 10 meters away from its initial location, that object will be considered to be suspicious and dangerous, and students will react to it upon seeing it.
- The first student to locate a suspicious/dangerous object will run and tell a teacher about it. Other students will simply ignore it and return to their daily routine.
- If a teacher finds a suspicious/dangerous object (but doesn’t find any evidence of a crime) they will pick up the object and bring it to the faculty room.
- A teacher’s fingerprints cannot be transferred onto a weapon. To make this more clear to the player, I will most likely adjust the “teacher picks up weapon” animation so that teachers use a handkerchief to pick up objects, instead of picking up objects with their bare hands.
Fixed, Changes, Additions
- Fixed bug that caused Occult Club members to spend eternity trying to walk into their locked clubroom if the Occult Club was shut down.
- Fixed bug that prevented the weapon menu from updating properly if a weapon was dropped using gamepad controls.
- Removed a debug command in Yandere-chan’s room that people were triggering accidentally.
- Began to update the girls’ locker room with new models (but it’s not finished yet.)
- Updated the textures of the bullies’ phones so that their screens aren’t blank.
- Updated shaders that weren’t being affected by changes in lighting.
- Added 1 new hairstyle and 1 new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Yamiko’s clothing in the Life Note cutscene.
- Added voice-acting to the Life Note cutscene.
- The dialogue in the Life Note cutscene will advance automatically, without waiting for the player to press a button. This will be fixed in the next build.
I’m a huge fan of Death Note, and I had a lot of fun making my parody, “Life Note”. If you’re curious to see more of the protagonist Yamiko, here are some character design sheets:
The next features I’ll work on will probably be the game’s intro cutscene and tutorial. After that, I’ll implement the Mysterious Obstacle, and then it’ll finally be Osana Time!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!