Hi! New video! Check it out!
I absolutely love the thumbnail that MulberryArt created for me!!
For a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build (it’s a really long list!!) please click “Continue Reading”!
New Poisoning Method
- A student who needs to vomit will now travel to the *nearest* toilet, instead of traveling to one specific toilet every time.
- If a student sees you poisoning their food, you will lose reputation, and they will refuse to eat the food.
- Students will no longer ignore murder or corpses if they are eating emetically-poisoned food.
- If a student sees you poisoning somebody else’s food, you will lose reputation.
- Students will now react to the sight of a student who is dying from poison.
- It’s now possible to drown a student who is vomiting into a toilet.
- Omitting students will now make vomiting sound effects.
- Horuda now eats lunch in the school cafeteria, facing Toga. This is to give players a good location for testing how students react to seeing someone die from poison, testing a student’s reaction to murder during a poison animation, etc.
- If you put a headache-inducing substance into a student’s bento, that student will visit the nurse and ask for medicine to numb the pain. This will cause the nurse to visit the medicine cabinet and retrieve some pills for the student. The student will eat the pills and then spend time resting on the couch in the infirmary until their headache goes away.
- The tranquilizer that is used to kidnap students is now inside of the infirmary’s medicine cabinet. The only way to obtain the tranquilizer is to give a student a headache so that they go to the nurse and make the nurse open the medicine cabinet.
New Electrocution Method
- Drinking fountains have been added to the school, and it is possible for Yandere-chan to use the water from these fountains to wash the blood off of weapons.
- Yandere-chan can now find a large, heavy pipe wrench in one of the school’s storage rooms. This wrench can be used as a murder weapon, but can also be used to sabotage the pipes underneath drinking fountains, which creates water puddles.
- Yandere-chan can now find a power strip in the A/V Room. This power strip can be plugged into any wall sockets that you might find. After plugging a power strip into a wall socket, Yandere-chan can use a screwdriver to expose the wiring of the power strip.
- If Yandere-chan flips a switch that activates a wall socket while a sabotaged power strip is in a puddle of water, the puddle will become electrified and will electrocute anyone who stands in it.
- There is now a new vending machine in school that allows Yandere-chan to purchase a bag of chips. Yandere-chan can offer the chips to any student in school. After eating the chips, the student will become thirsty, and will go to the nearest drinking fountain to drink water.
- (The wrench’s current location is temporary. In the future, I’ll find a better place for it.)
- Most Students’ lunchtime routines have been adjusted. They now sit and eat lunch together. (In the future, I may decide to change the locations where they eat food. It would be logical if they ate in the cafeteria, but this is a stealth game, so witnesses need to be spread out across the school.)
- From now on, whenever the player attempts to attend class during circumstances when it’s not possible to do so (because the player is holding a bloody weapon or something like that) a notification will appear onscreen to inform the player of the reason why they currently cannot attend class.
- Updated the layout of the infirmary; it needed more beds, because now it’s possible for numerous students to be resting in the infirmary simultaneously (Yandere-chan, the boy who naps in the infirmary, and two students who traveled to the infirmary after being drugged with a sedative).
- Students now turn and look towards Yandere-chan if they hear her footsteps during Low School Atmosphere.
- Changed Kyuji/Toga’s reaction to a camera being aimed at their face.
- Added new idle/walk animations for Toga.
- Added 1 new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added 1 new track to Mission Mode.
- With the Easter Egg menu open, press the F1 key to enable rain. Open the easter egg menu a second time and press F1 again to put a raincoat on Yandere-chan. This is purely for fun, and is not intended to become an aspect of gameplay. The addition of weather would change the game’s design significantly, since it would effect many of the game’s features. Because it would extend the length of the game’s development considerably, it’s not something I am planning to put in the game. You’re welcome to look at it in case you’re curious to know what it’d be like, but you shouldn’t anticipate it becoming a feature of the game.
- On a completely unrelated note, you can open the Easter Egg menu and press F2 to see an experiment that was inspired by the work of LuigiSake! (EDIT: It’s not working as intended. I’ll fix it in the next build.)
- Fixed bug that caused the wrong student to appear in Yandere-chan’s basement after eliminating Kokona with the Betray method.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to wear cooking club accessories in her living room cutscene with Kokona.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to send a mind-broken slave to kill a student who hadn’t actually spawned yet.
- Fixed bug that would cause a female character to disappear if her hair was adjusted using Pose Mode.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan’s clothing from rendering properly during the KLK easter egg.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to pick up a tranquilizer provided by Info-chan.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to activate the Shipgirl or Miyuki easter eggs.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to complete Musume’s task.
More changes/additions to facilitate “emergent gameplay”, maybe a few of the general gameplay improvements that begin to appear in the video starting at the 9-minute, 34-second mark, and then it’s back to the pre-Osana checklist items!