EDIT: Oops! I accidentally uploaded a build with the Light Music Club disabled…but I’ve uploaded a new build where that bug is fixed. If you don’t see the Light Music Club, please re-download the game. I apologize for the inconvenience!
It took much longer than expected to acquire all of the assets necessary to implement the Light Music Club. I didn’t want to let any time go to waste, so while waiting for LMC assets, I implemented the next item on my checklist of core features. The result is that today’s build contains two new features – the LMC and the guidance counselor!
To see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, click “Continue Reading”!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Changed render settings that should drastically improve the framerate. In the previous build, the lowest framerate I was able to get was 20, but in the current build, the lowest I can get is 27!
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to look away from Yandere-chan if she aimed a camera at them while bloody and wearing an Art Club apron.
- Changed shader for the pool’s water so that it shouldn’t flicker in strange ways when the player adjusts the camera angle.
- Updated facial expression on walk animation for female students so that they don’t all have “resting bitchface”.
- There is now a bucket of red paint in the Art Club. The player can use this bucket to splatter themselves with red paint to give themselves the appearance of being splattered with blood. There is a reason to do this, but instead of describing it, I’d like to see who can figure it out.
- If a teacher catches the player misbehaving, they are sent to the guidance counselor.
- In the guidance counselor’s office, the player is given several dialogue options, and must figure out which one will get them out of trouble (or result in the least-harsh punishment).
- After hearing the player speak, the guidance counselor will either let you go, suspend you for a number of days, or expel you outright.
- The guidance counselor has around 80 different voiced lines that can be heard while the player is in her office!
- One of the player’s potential dialogue options is locked at the beginning of the game, and must be unlocked before it can be used.
- The player can no longer freely walk around inside of the Guidance Counselor’s office. Accessing the door to the counselor’s office will now put the player into a chair inside the counselor’s office, and ending the conversation with the counselor will teleport the player outside of the office.
- You can tap the E key (or the A button on Xbox controller) to speed up the teacher / counselor dialogue and rush through the counselor sequence. You can get caught, get sent to the counselor’s office, and get released within 10 seconds if you mash fast enough.
- Unlike everyone else in the game, the counselor’s mouth moves when she talks!
Light Music Club
- The Light Music Club members walk around with instruments, and practice playing their instruments in secluded spots so that they don’t pester anyone.
- Joining the Light Music Club enables Yandere-chan to play a rhythm minigame. Depending on your performance, you can earn lots of reputation points through this minigame.
- The Light Music Club practices performing in their clubroom after 4:00 PM.
It’ll be one of the items from the checklist featured in the video at 10:15. All of those features are important things I’ve wanted to take care of for years, so I’m very eager to get back to work!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!