This is a pretty minor update; no huge new features to share with you at the moment. I simply decided that, since a lot of little fixes and improvements have been piling up, I might as well release a new build.
The situation hasn’t changed; I’m still waiting for some animations/illustrations before I can implement the Light Music Club. In the meantime, I’m working on other stuff. Every day is a little different; sometimes it’s Osana, sometimes it’s bug-fixing, sometimes it’s a minor feature I’ve wanted to put into the game for a long time. At this point, I’ve pretty much run out of minor tasks to work on, so I think I’ll move on to the next major task – implementing the Guidance Counselor. I’ll return to working on the Light Music Club whenever I get the assets necessary to implement them.
An amazing artist named p-ip-amoru has drawn some phenomenal illustrations that I’m absolutely in love with! Here’s one of them:
To see more of p-ip-amoru’s Yandere Sim art – and also read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build – click “Continue Reading”!
Damn, now that’s some gorgeous artwork!!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause the two sparring characters in the Martial Arts Club to say unfitting dialogue while entering the struggle minigame with Yandere-chan if they were sparring when they witnessed a murder.
- If the player makes Yandere-chan rummage through papers in the faculty room, Yandere-chan will now drop whatever she is holding in her hands before she does so.
- Fixed bug that caused the bullies to bully an invisible student at lunchtime if their intended bully target wasn’t present at their desk.
- Fixed bug that would cause some school decorations and handheld props to not be affected by changes in lighting throughout the day.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to put a love letter in Riku’s locker even if she was already in a relationship with him.
- The Drama Club’s gloves are now a 3D model that physically appears on Yandere-chan’s hands, instead of being a 2D texture.
- Fixed bug that would cause a “bald spot” to appear on Kokouma’s head when she was being carried in Yandere-chan’s arms.
- It’s no longer possible to get a Game Over in the Miyuki minigame by touching the final boss while he is exploding.
- Fixed bug that prevented the nurse from using the correct response when witnessing Yandere-chan committing theft.
- Fixed bug that would cause Nemesis to have musical instruments and other strange things attached to her body.
- Re-positioned the door of the “Meme Closet” so that it would no longer clip into the doors adjacent to it.
- The mirror in the Light Music Club will no longer show Miyuki or other aspects of the AR minigame.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to perform talking animations while alone.
- Put anime on the TV screen in the Gaming Club.
- When playing the Miyuki minigame, the player now has the option of choosing between “Classic Mode” (the way the game was originally intended to be played) and “Magical Mode” (enemies drop pickups, you can fill up a bar to shoot more projectiles, and you are invincible for 1 second after being hit by a projectile).
- I may have fixed an issue that some users were experiencing. For some users, the game would always crash when loading the school environment. This issue was only affecting users with less than 4 GB of RAM, so I figured that the problem was caused by texture memory being greater than 4 GB…but today I discovered an alternative potential cause for the crash and addressed it, so it’s possible that the issue may now be resolved. However, I won’t really know until people start testing the new build and let me know whether or not it’s still crashing for them.