I’m running out of different ways to say, “There are a bunch of bugs I really wanted to fix, so here’s a new build with lots of fixes and improvements!” But, here we are again!
To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, please scroll down past this beautiful artwork from mcfle!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- A few days ago, I updated the Characters page on the official website with a new character. I didn’t announce it because the website wasn’t updating for me, so I couldn’t actually tell if he had been added to the site or not. Anyway, now it’s working for me, so I can announce that the Characters page has a new addition! By the way, that character’s artwork was updated today, so if you saw him before, you might want to look again.
- Fixed exploit that would allow the player to very easily make a character stand in one spot for a long period of time by continuously aiming a camera at their face to repeatedly invoke their “posing for camera” pose.
- It is no longer possible to use the “Rest in Infirmary” feature under any circumstances where the player wouldn’t be able to attend class (with a dead body lying on school grounds, for example).
- Fixed bug that would cause Phone Addicts to use their “walking while texting” animation during Cleaning Time (causing them to stare at a scrubber or eraser as if it was a smartphone).
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to emit chalk dust in Yandere-chan’s face if Yandere-chan spoke to the character while they were removing chalk dust from a pair of erasers.
- It’s no longer possible to use Info-chan’s “Send Home” service on a student who is in the middle of a scripted event (such as the two boys talking about anime at lunchtime).
- Fixed bug that would cause corpses to float in midair if Yandere-chan was apprehended / pepper-sprayed / otherwise attacked while in the “picking up corpse” animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause graffiti to appear on a bullied student’s desk at lunchtime, even if the player had stopped the bullies from putting graffiti on that desk.
- Fixed bug that caused delinquents’ and student council members’ pathfinding to completely break if they shoved Yandere-chan while investigating a strange noise.
- The phone that Yandere-chan holds when she is using the Pass Time feature is now her normal smartphone, rather than the old primitive placeholder smartphone.
- It is now possible to rotate the camera in the Senpai Creation Screen by using the mouse (or the right joystick if you’re using a controller).
- Yandere-chan is no longer able to drag or carry a corpse if that corpse is on fire. (She has to wait until the corpse stops burning.)
- The “Debug Demon” is now disabled during Mission Mode, since debug features are supposed to be disabled during Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s stockings to change when she took off gloves while wearing her 6th uniform.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the axe weapons from rotating in the right direction during an attack animation.
- Added collision boxes for many objects in the faculty room / meeting room that did not have collision.
- It is now possible to put the delinquents’ hairstyles on Senpai in the Senpai Creation Screen.
- Fixed bug that made Nemesis’ hair turn white in Mission Mode.
Next video when?
I think there will be one more bug-fixing build, since there are still some bugs I want to fix / assets I want to implement. Worst-case scenario, it’ll be two bug-fixing builds. After that, I’ll feel comfortable starting work on my next video!