Student Council Contest
The theme of this contest is “The Student Council” – but you’re not limited to simply drawing a straightforward group shot. I’d like to see you get creative!
You could draw a typical moment from their everyday lives, draw an important event from their past, draw your personal interpretation of the rumors that surround the council, or anything else! Let me give you a few ideas:
- How do you think Kuroko reacted when she learned that Megami won the election for student council president?
- Do you think there is any truth to the rumor that Akane’s sweet and gentle personality is just a facade to hide her true self?
- How do you think Aoi lost her eye, and do you think Megami may have been involved?
- Do you believe the rumors that Shiromi is involved in shady business on behalf of the student council?
- Do you think that all the rumors are just a bunch of lies? If so, how did these crazy rumors get started?
- How do you think these characters get along? Are they on good terms with one another, or do they get on each other’s nerves?
- If Yandere-chan joined the student council, what kind of opportunities could this present that would help her eliminate Megami?
You could focus on one character, or as many as you’d like! You could focus on the four new girls, or imagine a scenario occurring between Yandere-chan and Megami instead! You could make a single illustration, or draw a short “manga” that tells a brief story! As long as “Student Council” is the theme, your entry will be valid!
Easter Egg Contest
Yandere Simulator has a number of silly “Modes” that were added just for fun – DK Mode, Slender Mode, One Punch Mode, etc. These modes aren’t hidden, but I’ve been calling them “easter eggs” purely out of habit.
For a long time, these “easter eggs” were considered to be a big part of the game’s identity. Over the past year, I shifted my focus away from easter eggs, in order to distance Yandere Simulator from the notion of being a “meme game” or “joke game”…but, gosh darn it, the easter eggs still have a special place in my heart, no matter what people say!
The objective of this contest is to design an “easter egg mode” for Yandere Simulator. In short, if you could make Yandere-chan put on a costume and gets powers, what would you want to see? A “Ninja Mode” where she can teleport and throw knives? A “Giant Robot Mode” where she pilots a huge mecha? A “Dragon Ball Mode” where she can fly and shoot fireballs? Maybe you want to see Yandere-chan dressed as 2B from Nier Automata, or Pyra from Xenoblade, or Kat from Gravity Rush. I want to know what you’re interested in – and I want you to draw it!
Both contests have the same set of rules:
- You must submit your entry via e-mail. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’re allowed to participate in both contests simultaneously.
- You’re allowed to submit as many entries as you feel like drawing.
- You’re allowed to participate even if you’re a volunteer for the project (but don’t expect special treatment!)
- January 1st is the final day that you’re allowed to submit entries. I cannot accept any submissions past January 1st.
- You must include the words “Council Contest” or “Egg Contest” in your e-mail’s subject line, or else it may be impossible for me to find your entry in my e-mail inbox.
- (OPTIONAL) If possible, please upload your creation to a website and give me a link to it, instead of sending me a file.
Just like last year, I’m thinking of these contests as something to do for fun, rather than something to do because you want to win a prize – but, if the winner of the Student Council Contest wishes, I’d be willing to gift them a game on Steam! (As long as it’s under $60!)
As for the Easter Egg Contest, I have something else in mind: The person who designs / illustrates the coolest easter egg will have their easter egg added to the game! So, if there is a “Mode” you’ve always wanted Yandere Simulator to have, get to work on drawing it, and it might just appear in the game!
I really hope that the community will enjoy these two contests! There’s only one thing I’m worried about; I set the deadline at “January 1st” because I want to keep the 2017 contest within 2017…but if that’s simply too tight of a deadline for you to create something cool, then perhaps I should reconsider!
If you intend to participate in the contest, please vote on this poll and let me know if I should extend the deadline: http://poal.me/tqz99t
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!