Now that Osana’s confession cutscene is finished, I can finally make a video about everything Osana-related that I’ve been working on over the past 12 months! I’m so excited to finally be able to share it all with you!
Before making the video, I decided to playtest every one of Osana’s interaction events to confirm that they were all working properly – and I discovered that some of them had become broken due to changes I’ve made over the past few months. Adding Cleaning Time, making time pass more slowly during lunchtime, changing students’ routines – all of these things threw a wrench into most of Osana’s events. So, instead of producing a video today, I had to spend some time fixing everything that had become broken. The good news is that, as of now, everything’s working as intended again! The not-so-good news is that you’ll have to wait an extra day or two to see the next video. Sorry!
In the meantime, I’ll share a different video with you – a live-action video by Cosplay Slayer, inspired by the Promo Concept from last year! You will definitely want to watch this video until the end – trust me on this one.
I’m also releasing a new build today which contains numerous bug fixes, several improvements, and a few new additions.
It’s important to note that the game’s launcher is currently not working properly, so if you want to play the latest build, you should probably use one of the links provided on the Downloads page. I hope to have the launcher fixed within the next few days.
Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Replaced 10 unsatisfactory hair models with new-and-improved hair models. (If you want to see before-and-after comparisons for all of the improved hair models, click here.)
- Fixed bug that caused the Student Info screen to display a “Distract” button prompt every time the screen appeared, if the player had distracted a student earlier in the day.
- Fixed bug that caused a student’s glasses to not appear in the “Murder Reaction Cam” that appears in the bottom-left corner of the screen when a student witnesses murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to become unable to attend class after a mind-broken slave had committed murder, even if the murder was not witnessed by anyone.
- Weapons will now become stained with blood at the exact moment when they strike a victim, instead of becoming stained with blood after the attack animation ends.
- Senpai will now perform a “suspicious of Yandere-chan” animation when he reacts to Yandere-chan’s suspicious behavior, instead of standing perfectly still.
- The nurse will now react to the sight of seeing you stealing a syringe, stealing the tranquilizer, opening a locked cabinet, or stealing emetic poison.
- Fixed bug that caused students to ignore Yandere-chan’s bloodiness / insanity / other misbehavior permanently if she entered and exited a hiding spot.
- Fixed bug that would cause the button prompt on the struggle minigame to pop back to the center of the bar every time the button prompt changed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the video game controller in Yandere-chan’s room to rotate in a strange way after completing the Yanvania minigame.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student’s decapitated head to fly off at high speeds after the student was dismembered with a circular saw.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to believe that Yandere-chan was pick-pocketing even after the pick-pocketing minigame had ended.
- Adjusted Riku’s routine so that he will still be in school during the point in time when Kokona is trying to confess love to him.
- Added a new weapon to the game. It’s a reference to a popular “yangire” character. It’s hidden somewhere outside of the school.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the outlines on Musume’s socks from being disabled when the player attempted to disable outlines.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to remain frozen in place if she became alarmed by Yandere-chan while guarding a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause some students’ stockings or socks to not appear on their legs after they had been kidnapped.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to stand motionless forever after witnessing Yandere-chan carrying a corpse.
- Musume will now avoid discussing her cigarette request with Yandere-chan unless she is behind the school.
- Adjusted the “scared” animation of female students so that their skirts aren’t clipping into their hips.
- Mind-broken slaves will now die at the end of the day if the player doesn’t use them for anything.
- Students will now have shocked/scared body language when Yandere-chan is tazed in front of them.
- Fixed bug that would cause one of Info-chan’s rooftop listening devices to float in midair.
- Fixed bug causing kidnapped victims’ legs to clip through the ropes tying them to chairs.
- Sakyu and Inkyu will now perform a “depressed” animation if their sister goes missing.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Headmaster to appear during lunchtime in Mission Mode.
- If Kokona is being shunned by her friends, she will remove her friendship bracelet.
- Male students will now close their eyes when clapping erasers at Cleaning Time.
- Fixed bug that would cause the inside of some students’ mouths to appear grey.
- Fixed bug that was causing an invisible wall to appear near the hiding spots.
- Fixed bug that would cause Musume’s hair to glow white in Yandere Vision.
- Fixed bug that was preventing players from accessing Ryuto’s task.
- Added profiles for the Counselor, Headmaster, and Info-chan.
- Fixed typo in one of the subtitles for Pippi’s task.
Now that Osana’s events are working properly, I can record my next video without problems! I have a lot of content to cover, so it’s probably going to take me several days to produce my next video. I hope you’ll look forward to it!
If you haven’t seen it yet, please check out everything that I shared in yesterday’s Halloween “Spooktacular”!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!