The latest build contains a total of 42 fixes, changes, and additions – I can’t recall any other time when a build contained such a drastic number of differences from the build that came before it!
In my newest video, I highlight some of the noteworthy aspects of the latest build, and also discuss some topics that I’ve been yearning to talk about:
Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that is new in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- “Missing Person” posters will now appear in school after a character goes missing. To see what it would look like if numerous characters all went missing simultaneously, open the debug menu, hold down the shift key, and press the “Z” key.
- The school nurse is now a “real” character; she can be distracted by noises, she notices Yandere-chan’s behavior, she can apprehend Yandere-chan, she can be killed, she is replaced if she dies, etc.
- The “Change Persona” mirror is functioning properly again (although it’s still only used for testing purposes, and not attached to a proper-implemented gameplay mechanic yet).
- If the player is playing a “Clean All Blood” mission in Mission Mode, cleans all blood, and then spills NEW blood, the player will now be required to clean up the new blood.
- Fixed bug in Mission Mode that would cause the “Clean All Blood” criteria to be met immediately upon a character’s death, before the character had a chance to bleed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Midori to carry her smartphone in her hand during cleaning time and hold two smartphones simultaneously while waiting for class to begin.
- Text during the end-of-day police investigation sequence will now list dead characters with proper grammar (with commas, instead of repeating the word “and”).
- Fixed bug that would cause students to walk in place if they arrived at their seats after class began but before their own teacher had arrived in class.
- Fixed bug that would cause the school day to end prematurely if a pair of shoes was on the school rooftop at the time when Yandere-chan went to class.
- Yandere-chan’s hair and accessories are now disabled when aiming her camera, so that large hair / accessories don’t block first-person view anymore.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to get stuck in “Yandere Vision” if the player was killed by Nemesis while Yandere Vision was active.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s smartphone to get stuck onscreen if she was aiming the smartphone when she was tazed.
- Midori now wears green socks instead of green stockings, because there was already someone at school wearing green stockings.
- A student who is late to class (or in danger of being late to class) will now run to class instead of walk slowly to class.
- The Kidnapped victims in Yandere-chan’s basement will now wear the same shoes they were wearing when they were kidnapped.
- A mop will now display the text “Dip In Bucket First!” if the player is trying to use a mop without wetting it first.
- Fixed bug that would cause a kidnapped victim’s pinky finger to bend backwards during the pre-torture animation.
- Students will now react differently to compliments from Yandere-chan depending on Yandere-chan’s reputation.
- Kidnapped female students now have a different sitting animation after the first time you’ve tortured them.
- Fixed bug with the radio that would cause the radio’s text label to fail to update when it was being used.
- It is now possible to choose a mind-broken slave’s target; Kokona is no longer the only possible target.
- The headmaster now has voiced reactions to seeing Yandere-chan wearing a cardboard box in his office.
- Fixed bug that would cause Oka to stop performing a “shy” animation if the Occult Club disbanded.
- The Headmaster’s office and Counselor’s office are no longer using temporary placeholder assets.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s head to bob in a strange way when using Hairstyle 15.
- Gym teachers can now spawn with pale skin, and are no longer exclusively limited to tan skin.
- Fixed bug that caused male bandanas to have crazy cloth physics compared to female bandanas.
- Fixed graphical bug with the “disable second camera in first person mode” debug command.
- Fixed bug that would make Yandere-chan immune to being tazed while she was laughing.
- The player can now get a game over for having a low reputation when class begins.
- Fixed the little gap between the mythical tree hill and the ground beneath it.
- Yandere-chan’s bedroom is no longer using any temporary placeholder assets.
- Yandere-chan will now turn to face the Headmaster when he is tazing her.
- Added sakura petals to the ground around trees that shed sakura petals.
- The headmaster will now react when seeing Yandere-chan wearing a mask.
- The player will now lose reputation points for being late to class.
- Oka’s arms will no longer clip into her desk when she is in class.
- The Art Room is no longer using any temporary placeholder assets.
- The player will now hear a sound effect when equipping a weapon.
- Minor miscellaneous code optimizations to improve framerate.
- Replaced Cyborg Ninja energy sword attack sound effect.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
Because the Osana confession animations were about 99% finished the last time I saw them, I’m pretty sure there’s not much work left to be done on them. I think it’s likely that the Osana confession cutscene will be done in the very near future, and will be the focus of my next video.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!