For the first time in a long while, I’ve got a new build that has more new additions than bug-fixes! I won’t be calling this one a “Bug-Fixing Build” – this one’s a Minor Improvement Build! As you can probably imagine, it contains a bunch of minor changes and additions that improve the quality of the game!
To read a list of all the improvements in this build, scroll down past this stylish artwork by aCocoPeach!
I really dig the art style; it reminds me of the work of one of my favorite artists, Ilya Kuvshinov! (I’ve always wished that Ilya would draw Yandere-chan…I hope that Kuvshinov-senpai notices me one day!)
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Yandere-chan can now sit down at the benches near the fountains outside of school. This has no gameplay application whatsoever, and is purely for fun / immersion. If people enjoy it, then I’ll allow her to be able to sit down at other benches, as well.
- Students will no longer perform a “taking notes” animation in class, if class is not yet in session. From now on, if a student arrives to class early, they will mess around on their phone while waiting for class to begin.
- Likewise, teachers will no longer perform a “giving lecture” animation in class, if class is not yet in session; they will perform a “reviewing notes” animation while waiting for class to begin.
- Teachers will no longer stand directly on top of a corpse when inspecting it / calling the police / guarding it. Teachers will now stand 1 meter away from corpses when performing these actions.
- Items will now disappear out of a student’s hands when they witness murder (it looked super awkward when they continued holding an item while reacting to murder).
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from being able to pick up masks in the Drama Club, after joining the club and then returning on a subsequent day.
- Fixed bug that would cause the blood-cleaning robot to float in midair when Yandere-chan dropped it, if it didn’t detect any blood in the school.
- Students will now react to Yandere-chan carrying a dismembered limb in her arms (but do not yet react to dismembered limbs lying on the ground).
- Fixed bug that was preventing Yandere-chan from dropping items that she was holding in her hands before using a computer in the computer lab.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the Study Point screen from having a white background if Yandere-chan was late to class.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to soft-lock if Yandere-chan picked up a corpse after picking up a heavy weight.
- Fixed bug that was causing students to run in place for a few moments after classes ended.
- Teachers now have improved animations for inspecting corpses and guarding corpses.
- Changed Yandere-chan’s crouch idle, crouch walk, and crouch run animations.
- Updated the walking animation that Yandere-chan uses in her room.
- This is unrelated to the game itself, but I still think it’s worth mentioning: I updated Yandere-chan’s profile on the official website.