Good news – the next video will be an actual update about the game’s development! However, I still need some more time to prepare the video. It should be up on the 15th or the 16th!
In the meantime, however, I do have a new build to share with you! It’s mostly bug fixes and minor changes, but there is a little bit of new functionality, too. To see a list of everything that’s different in the new build, scroll down past this gorgeous illustration by LynnTsunami!
Click “Continue Reading” to read the rest!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Got the Custom Soundtrack feature to work as originally intended. (The current implementation is not final; there will be updates in the future.)
- Made further adjustments to some of the geometry on the school rooftop to prevent bizarre-looking shadows from forming on the roof.
- Moved some of the UI elements down by 1 pixel so that there wouldn’t be empty space between them and the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed bug that would cause the exterior of a trashcan to become completely bloody if a bloody weapon was placed inside of it.
- Fixed one of Yandere-chan’s hairstyles, which was showing a face texture where a bow texture was supposed to appear.
- Re-created the list of quality settings that existed in the game’s launcher before the conversion from Unity 4 to Unity 5.
- Fixed bug that caused the hill behind the school to use different lighting / shading than the rest of the environment.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to vanish if they walked past the school gate after a certain time in the day.
- Fixed bug that caused the magical girl wand to play the wrong “High-sanity attack” sound effect sometimes.
- Fixed bug that prevented male students from reacting to a radio that Yandere-chan had activated.
- Updated the nurse’s character model so that her skirt won’t clip into her butt when she walks.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the demonic arms from dismembering victims.
- Added a collider to an object in the infirmary that was missing a collider.
- Added a texture to a manga book that was missing its texture.
- Updated male student “high-sanity bat death” animation.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- There was a bug that would cause weapons to fall through the ground if dropped on the hill behind the school. As a temporary workaround, any weapon dropped on that hill will now teleport in front of the hill. A more proper fix will be implemented in the future.
Mission Mode Specific
- Fixed bug in Mission Mode that would make a student fail to recognize a corpse if it was being held in Yandere-chan’s arms.
- Adjusted one of the criteria in Mission Mode; the player can now get a game over if a security camera notices a corpse.
- Fixed bug that was preventing some parts of the UI from turning white during Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug in Mission Mode that made security cameras fail to observe Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted the volume of a Mission Mode music track that was way too loud.
- Info-chan now has a reaction to seeing a photograph of Nemesis’ panties.