I usually try my best to upload a new build of the game and a new video on the 1st and 15th day of every month. July 1st is coming up soon…but I won’t be available to update the game on that day. I’m traveling to Los Angeles on June 29th, I’m taking the day off on June 30th (since it’s my birthday), I’ll be at Anime Expo from July 1st ~ July 4th, and I’ll be returning to my home on July 5th. Today is my last window of opportunity to upload a new build of the game, so that’s what I’m going to do!
To read a list of all the changes in this new build, scroll down past this gruesome-yet-gorgeous illustration by Ologica!
Click “Continue Reading” for the rest!
Changes, Fixes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Before Class / Class Time / Lunch Time / After School” text at the top right corner of the screen to be incorrect.
- Fixed bug that would cause Riku and Kokona’s “holding hands” animation to not play if the player made certain selections in the Settings menu.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character’s uniform texture to change if Kizana’s stockings were applied to them in Pose Mode.
- Updated the lip-sync for the torture animation that plays if a girl’s sanity is above 50% but below 100%.
- Fixed bug that would cause one member of a couple to cuddle the air when their partner was not present.
- Added a few more YouTuber-related accessories for Yandere-chan. They’re located in the “meme closet”.
- The radio can no longer be used to distract Nemesis. (She’s too good to fall for a trick like that.)
- Fixed bug that could cause a voiced line to repeat numerous times when starting the Jojo easter egg.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a rival’s locker from animating when she opened it to check for a note.
- Removed button prompts for events that are still in development (at the fountain and pool).
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to activate the Jojo easter egg during Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause a couple to float above a bench when cuddling each other.
- Added some props to the sewing room (definitely not finished with it yet, though).
- Fixed bug that made one of the Jojo-related items really hard to acquire.
- Replace the Jojo easter egg music with more intense music.
- Fixed a few hairstyles that had physics bugs.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Fixed a typo in the credits.
- Minor fixes (For example, Sakyu Basu’s ring was clipping into the bench where she sits, and she was trying to eat her bento while the lid was still covering the bento…)
- Attempted to implement a “custom soundtrack” feature. It worked within the game editor, but it doesn’t seem to work in the downloadable version of the game. I’ll try to fix it when I get back from Anime Expo.
I’m going to write a blog post about the topic of Osana’s development (and game development in general) and upload it before I leave for Los Angeles. This blog post will contain a 60-second video briefly showing off the recent progress I’ve made on Osana, and will also elaborate on the reasons why she’s taking so long (and what’s being done to make her development go faster). Please look forward to it!