There was a really annoying bug in the previous build. I wanted to fix this bug and upload a new build immediately, but it would be weird to upload a new build just to fix ONE bug, so I decided to throw in a few other fixes and additions…and now it’s ready!
Aside from the new build, I also have some other stuff to show you, too! Scroll down past this beautiful illustration by yuri0 to check it all out!
Click the text that says “Continue Reading” to see to see a list of everything that is new in this build, and some other things, as well!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- There is now a file named CustomStockings.png in the StreamingAssets folder. You can make girls wear these stockings by using the customization window in Pose Mode, or by editing the Students.JSON file and changing the name of a girl’s stockings to “Custom”. You can replace and modify this texture so that girls will wear whatever stockings you want. In the future, there might be CustomStockings1.png, CustomStockings2.png, CustomStockings3.png, etc, so that you can make every girl in school wear unique stockings of your choice. But, for now, there is only one texture.
- Open the debug menu and press “5” on the numpad to see an experimental new look for Yandere-chan’s face (the final game may allow the player to choose Yandere-chan’s facial shape).
- Fixed bug with Saki’s new hair model that was preventing her hair from being affected by gravity when she was a mindbroken slave.
- Fixed bug that caused Nemesis to perpetually wear Saki Miyu’s hairstyle on top of her default hairstyle, like a wig.
- Fixed bug that would cause a mindbroken slave’s subtitles to appear over other, more important subtitles.
- Fixed bug that was causing Saki’s old hair model to appear when she was in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- There is now an experimental “play as a male character” mode, accessible from the Easter Egg Menu.
- Fixed bug that was causing a kidnapped victim’s legs to appear completely white in the basement.
- Changed the animation that kidnapped victims perform the first time that you torture them.
- Updated Saki’s student portrait to reflect her new hair model.
One of the above lines may have caught your attention. Yes, that’s right, now you can play as Yandere-kun! …well, sort of. This is more like an experiment to see how feasible it would be to add him to the game at this stage of development. He is still using many female animations and female voiced lines, but swapping to a male character model was not as difficult as it was expected to be, and giving him male standing/walking/running animations was pretty easy, too. This isn’t the “Beta Version” or even the “Alpha Version” of Yandere-kun; it’s just an experiment…but maybe you’ll have some fun with it.
At first, he was really, really buggy…
…but now things are much better! I swear!
(By the way, his current hairstyle is not final. Hopefully, the next build will have a better hairstyle for him!)
This might sound kind of random, but I want to share some Nemesis fan art with you. As you know, Nemesis’ hairstyle changed a few months ago, but before that happened, some artists made really outstanding artwork of Nemesis wearing her original hairstyle. I don’t want their artwork to go to waste, so I’ll showcase it here, in this final farewell to Nemesis’ original hairstyle.
This incredible image from GuyWithTeaCup looks like it’s a promotional poster for a live-action Yandere Simulator film! I’m not actually sure if it’s CG, or if it’s a heavily edited photograph, but it looks amazing!
This illustration from Akage Boi is chilling to me, because Nemesis is walking calmly even though her body is covered in cuts, as though no amount of pain could possibly distract her from her mission. Gives me goosebumps!
Yandere Clicker Update
On April 16th, 2014, I created a silly little game called Yandere Clicker and uploaded it to Kongregate. Yesterday, I received a e-mail from Kongregate telling me that Firefox would stop supporting the Unity Web Player on March 7th. The solution was to convert the game from a Web Player game to a WebGL game.
This seemed like a good time to familiarize myself with the process of porting a game from Unity 4 to Unity 5, so I gave it a shot. It went very smoothly (much more smoothly than the times when I’ve attempted to port Yandere Simulator from Unity 4 to 5) and the conversion from Web Player to WebGL went smoothly, as well. The entire process only took about 30 minutes; all in all, it was a very nice little learning experience!
I also took this opportunity to make a few minor additions to the game’s graphics; Yandere-chan now wears her trademark black stockings, Senpai’s hair and eyes are now black, the characters’ hair and clothing have some nice new shaders, anti-aliasing has been enabled…and you can now press the “<” and “>” keys to control Yandere-chan’s bust size.
Yandere Clicker is an extremely simple game that is probably only fun for about 5 minutes before it gets boring…but if you ever wanted to play it with better graphics and bust size control, now you can!
“Clicker” games have come a long way since 2014. I would really, REALLY love to make a Yandere Clicker 2, with tons of improvements over the original…but I’ve pledged to dedicate my time exclusively to Osana until she’s finished, so that’s what I’m going to do.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post! I hope that there was at least one thing that interested you!