Whoops! There were a couple of significant problems in the previous build. I prepared a new one for you as quickly as I could! There was also a problem that was preventing the launcher from giving people the latest build of the game; I’ve fixed that problem, too. You can scroll down to the bottom of this blog post to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build.
This is the part of the blog post where I usually share some remarkable fan art that I discovered online. But, today, I want to give the spotlight to a very different type of fan-made content. A Russian gentleman has produced a series of videos where he superimposes himself into Yandere Simulator’s school, and interacts with Yandere-chan and the other students. I think that’s sooooo cool!
When I first started working on Yandere Simulator, I never would have imagined that it would eventually inspire people to create videos like this! It’s a very silly video, but I still think it’s awesome, and I simply HAVE to share it with you. Even if you don’t speak Russian, you’ll probably be able to follow the plot anyway:
Okay! Now, on to the changelog:
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to load all student portraits every time the Student Info menu was opened – instead of only loading them once – which had the side-effect of causing the game to run out of memory and crash for some users.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to strip off bloody club clothing (such as the martial arts gi or the painter’s frock).
- Fixed bug that would cause the fountain to be brightly lit at all times of day, regardless of the current amount of sunlight.
- Fixed bug that would cause female randomly-generated students to spawn in a completely broken state.
- Changed the brightness level of some textures so that they are not blindingly white at noontime.
- The Cyborg Ninja easter egg now makes Yandere-chan immune to Senpai and teachers.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kuu Dere to spin in circles on the school rooftop.
- Adjusted door animation speed so that doors do not instantly snap open and closed.
- Strengthened “the first line of defense” and “the second line of defense.”
- Fixed bug that caused Yui Rio to spawn with Yandere-chan’s hairstyle.
The second half of my January Osana Progress Report is finally ready! Please check it out below!
As promised, a new build of the game is now available. Here’s a full list of everything that is new or different in the latest build:
- There are now “fake Gardening Club members” walking around in the Gardening Club. They don’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pick-pocketing.
- The Gardening Club shed is now locked, unless the player pickpockets the Gardening Club Leader or joins the Gardening Club.
- It is possible to pickpocket the leader of the gardening Club to get a key that unlocks the shed.
- The textures / objects in the Gardening Club have been changed slightly.
- There is now rat poison in the Gardening Club’s shed.
- The hair of the “fake Gardening Club members” was modeled by Qvajangel! Thanks, Qva!
- The nurse now walks around the infirmary, but doesn’t react to any of Yandere-chan’s behavior, except for pickpocketing.
- There is now a bottle of emetic medicine in a locked cabinet in the infirmary.
- It is possible to pickpocket the nurse to get a key that unlocks the cabinet.
- Added a control panel to the metal detectors so that it’s easier for the player to tell where to use the screwdriver.
- Fixed bug that would cause low-detail students to remain low-detail even when the camera was very close to them.
- Fixed bug that would cause a blank text message to appear when sending Info-chan a picture of Nemesis’ panties.
- Added the ability to censor panties in Mission Mode by tapping the key that normally summons the Debug Menu.
- Added some polish to the Mission Mode game over screen (new sounds, more legible text, fixed typos, etc).
- Added sound effects for the security cameras and for shutting down the metal detectors in Mission Mode.
- Replaced the grass texture. The new texture is a placeholder. A better grass texture is coming soon.
- Adjusted the size of the square-shaped selection highlight in the Student Info screen.
- Changed the appearance of the visual effects for all fountains in the school.
- The player can now order “Lethal Poison” or “Emetic Poison” from Info-chan.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Info-chan’s “Services” menu from opening.
- Moved Inkyu and Sakyu to a new location during lunchtime.
- Added a sound effect for the security camera.
- Added a sound effect for the metal detector.
- Changed the dates in the Calendar screen.
I’ve been heavily considering making a follow-up video to “Yandere Simulator: Past, Present, and Future” where I discuss more about the origins of the game, what I am prioritizing, and what I predict I’ll be able to accomplish in 2017.
In 2015, I brought up the subject of adding a small town to the game…and then never addressed the topic again. In 2016, I brought up the subject of re-naming the game…and then never addressed the topic again. There were also several other subjects that were never given closure. I’d really like to make a video that addresses the lingering loose ends of 2015 and 2016.
In January of last year, Yandere Simulator was banned from Twitch.tv. On the anniversary of Yandere Simulator’s ban, I plan to release a follow-up video explaining what I’ve done to investigate the issue, why I believe the game was banned, and whether or not the game has any chance of getting unbanned.
Making any of these videos would take up a day or two that could otherwise have been spent on Osana. But, if Osana is two months away, then it doesn’t really seem like a big deal to spend a few days making videos that address important subjects. I do feel guilty whenever I do anything that isn’t directly related to Osana, though. Hmm…it’s a tough call to make.
I wonder – if there was a poll about this subject, which option would you vote for?
It’s very rare for me to break a video into two parts, but that’s what I decided to do with my latest video. When I realized that second half of the video was going to be drastically different in tone and subject matter than the first half, it seemed like a good idea to split it in two. So, instead of one 20-minute video, it’ll be two 10-minute videos.
Without further ado, here’s my progress report! (Or, the first half of it, at least!)
On Jan 2nd or Jan 3rd, I’ll release Part 2, along with a new build of the game. I hope I can take care of it as quickly as possible!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!