EDIT: Oops, the build from Jan 16th had a serious bug in it! A new build has been uploaded.
I’m so sorry for the long wait! The latest video is finally ready!
Here’s a list of everything that is new in the latest build of the game:
Additions, Changes, and Bug Fixes
- You can now navigate the list of hairs and list of accessories much more quickly by holding down the Shift key while pressing “H” to change hairstyles or “O” to change accessories.
- Moved Kokona’s monday phone call conversation 15 minutes later, to avoid scheduling conflicts with another event that will be implemented in the future.
- Re-wrote code that was causing an unnecessary amount of memory allocation, which was causing the game to “stutter” for a few frames at irregular intervals.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to ignore a murder during a “distract” favor, if Yandere-chan murdered the student who was currently being distracted.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to walk around dripping wet all day, if they were splashed with water while in the “Following Yandere-chan” state.
- Added 1 new accessory and over 20 new hairstyles for Yandere-chan. The majority of those models came from Qvajangel. Thanks again, Qva!
- Added 3 new hairstyles for Senpai and 1 new facial hair option for Senpai. (These are also available for randomly-generated students.)
- The “React to Senpai” distance has been changed from 2 meters to 1 meter so that Senpai is less of an obstacle / annoyance.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to freely aim their smartphone camera during the Game Over screen in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to rotate at extreme angles when performing the “Distract” favor on a staircase.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to always wear the default uniform in the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene.
- Yandere-chan will now be apprehended by students if she commits murder with at least 4 witnesses present.
- Fixed bug that could result in the pause screen remaining visible during the “End of Day Results” sequence.
- Senpai now has animations and lip movement when he reacts to Yandere-chan’s behavior.
- Darkened the color of the grass, and lightened the color of the walkways and rooftops.
- Replaced Nemesis’ old hairstyle with the new hairstyle that the fans voted for.
- Gave hair physics to a character who previously had no hair physics.
- Improved the level of quality in Koharu Hinata’s hair model.
- Added friendship bracelets to the “Rainbow Six” girls.
- Added red stripes to Nemesis’ black socks.
- Strengthened certain countermeasures.
January 17th and January 19th are days with a lot of sentimental value for me, so I won’t be working on those two days (unless there is a very important problem that urgently needs to be addressed). I have a very special video planned for Jan 22nd, so I will probably spend the 20th and the 21st working on that video. This means that I’ll only have seven days (Jan 23rd to Jan 30th) to prepare a new build for Feb 1st. (Jan 31st will be spent making a new update video.)
Because I’m only going to have half the amount of time I normally have to prepare a new build…you honestly shouldn’t expect the next build to be very special. I’m so sorry!! Please forgive me!! January has been a really weird month!! I hope that February goes by smoother…