It’s finally here! Sorry for the month-long wait between updates!
Here is a list of everything that is different in the new build:
General Improvements, Additions, and Changes
- Addressed issue that was causing “bald spots” to appear in the back of male students’ heads, thanks to help from Saracen!
- Fixed bug that would cause students to sink into the ground during a low-sanity knife kill animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to walk “into” Senpai when he sits down at the fountain.
- Attempted to improve the smoothness of the school music loop and the bedroom music loop.
- Fixed bug that was causing the “Distract” command to be completely broken.
- Fixed bug that was causing the tape recorder menu to not be displayed.
- Changed the appearance of the game’s HUD during Mission Mode.
- Added bushes in the tree corridor outside of the school.
- Footsteps can now be heard when Yandere-chan is running.
- Corrected typo in debug menu.
- Changed “REPUTATION” to “AWARENESS”. Bad behavior raises AWARENESS. 100 AWARENESS results in a mission failure.
- Changed the appearance of the HUD in Mission Mode.
- Changed the layout of the Random Mission screen.
- Added Nemesis, and three options to control how challenging she is.
- Added “Can’t let any students witness bad behavior” condition.
- Added “Unable to speak with students” condition.
- Added “Find key and steal from safe” condition.
- Added “Avoid security cameras” condition.
- Added “Avoid metal detectors” condition.
- Added the ability to create your own custom mission.
As I said in the video above, I am finally able to make huge leaps of progress with Osana that I wasn’t able to make before, so I intend to dedicate all of my time to Osana at least the next two weeks. There are still some remaining assets that I need, so please don’t expect Osana to be 100% done by January 1st. Right now, I want to theorize that she’ll be ready by February 1st, but I am also nervous about making any promises, since the past 3 months have taught me that I usually under-estimate the amount of time it will take to create the assets that I need…
Message To Contest Artists!
I have a message for anyone who was a “Runner Up” in either of the two recent fan art contests! One of Osana’s elimination methods will involve Yandere-chan entering a room that is full of anime posters. If you would like to see your artwork featured inside of Yandere Simulator, please contact me, and I’ll describe the type of posters I need!
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!