My vacation is over! It’s time to get back to work!
During my vacation, I couldn’t resist making a few minor bug-fixes every few days. Overall, I think I’ve made enough bug-fixes to justify a new build of the game, so I’m updating the game today.
As usual, I’ll share the complete list of bug fixes with you – but, first, I’d like to share a noteworthy fan-made illustration with you. Pixiv artist Phoenix has created a huge collage featuring every single character that populates Yandere-chan’s school! Be sure to click it so you can see it full-size!
I absolutely love this illustration, because it makes me think of all of the fun I’ve had during the last 31 months of the game’s development! I hope you appreciate Phoenix’s artistic tribute as much as I do!
And now, on to the bug-fix list!
- Fixed bug that would cause blood to spawn underneath the ground in the gardening club’s corpse-disposal area, preventing the player from being able to clean up any blood that spawned there.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to become stuck if the player killed over 40 victims in a single day and then waited for the police to arrive.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Steal Ring” prompt to remain on Sakyu Basu’s ring even after she had put it back onto her finger.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s character model to be rendered on top of the MISSION FAILED screen in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause the mouse cursor to exit the game window. (I’m sorry that this bug was in the game for so long!)
- Fixed bug that would cause corpses to freeze in midair after being grabbed with Psychokinesis during “Bad Time Mode”.
- Fixed bug that would cause cherry blossoms to fall from trees in waves, instead of falling perpetually.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player’s graphical settings to be reset when restarting Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause delinquents to be seen “T-posing” when far away from the camera.
- Put the katana into a locked display case instead of letting it sit out in the open. The player must locate a key in order to unlock the display case. It is currently very easy to locate the key – but, in the future, it won’t be so easy.
My first priority will be to review all of the submissions for the Pokemon fan art contest and Nemesis fan art contest. This will probably take a few hours; there were over 300 submissions for the Pokemon contest, and over 400 submissions for the Nemesis contest! Wow!!! That’s a lot of submissions! (For a point of reference, there were only 113 entries for the Quiet Contest last year!)
I’ll announce the contest winners either today or tomorrow. Then, I’ll start working on another update for the game; I don’t like letting two weeks pass without a significant update, so I’ll put together something special as quickly as possible. Hopefully there will be an exciting new feature by the 5th, or sooner.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!