11/16 3:00 AM Update: A high number of people have reported difficulty downloading the latest build of the game. I will try to solve the problem as soon as possible!
NOTE: The most recent build of the game is currently only available via the game’s official website / launcher. It is currently not available from Mediafire. Please have patience; hopefully it will be available from Mediafire soon.
The latest build of the game is finally ready! The star feature of this build is a new gameplay mode called “Mission Mode”! Here’s a video that explains everything about it:
The last three times I proposed a new feature for the game, I received a very strong negative response from the fanbase. I really hope that this new gameplay mode won’t be rejected, too. If you don’t like it, please remember that I only spent three days on it, and I don’t have to keep updating it…unless people enjoy it, and really want to see it expand. At the very least, I hope that it gives you something interesting to do while waiting for Osana!
Here’s a list of everything that is new in the latest build of the game:
- The weapons that were previously placed in front of the school have been re-located to more logical locations.
- Fixed bug that would cause students’ arms and legs to look strange after disabling “Distant Animations”.
- Fixed bug that would cause gloves to float in midair after being removed from Yandere-chan’s arms.
- Darkened the shadow that appears over Yandere-chan’s face when she loses sanity.
- Made numerous changes to the game’s code in order to improve the framerate.
- Added debug command for increasing the school’s population to 100.
- Added new architecture to the locker area of the school.
- Fixed bug that made ragdolls twitch indefinitely.
- Added an arch above the entrance of the school.
- Added debug command for killing all students.
- Added a new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Added Mission Mode.
- It’s possible to change the background music in Mission Mode by pressing the Confirm button over the music icon in the pause screen.
Just in case you were curious to know what the main Culprits of the framerate problem were, the majority of the problem stemmed from these three issues:
- Many UI elements (windows, numbers, letters) were active / updating even while they were offscreen / invisible. I told them to deactivate when offscreen and only activate when onscreen.
- Setting a character’s rotation is an expensive operation. I told characters to stop updating their rotations if they are within 1 degree of the direction that they need to be facing.
- Some scripts were performing calculations when it was not necessary for them to be doing anything. I told them to deactivate when they are not needed.
After making those changes, the framerate shot up to almost 20 FPS higher than it was last week! I’m even seeing 60 FPS under some circumstances (but, to be honest, those are circumstances when very few characters are moving / very few polygons are being shown onscreen).
The last time I took a vacation was in September 1 of 2015. I would really like to take some time off! I’m going to spend the next two weeks relaxing instead of working. I’ll still spend time corresponding with various volunteers to make sure that Osana’s development continues moving along, but I will also spend time catching up on all the anime and video games I missed out on in 2015 and 2016.
I always aim to update the game on the 1st and 15th days of every month. Because I’ll be on vacation for the next two weeks, it’s unlikely that the game will receive a huge update on Dec 1st. Maybe a little update…but not a big one. With that said: if any critical bugs are discovered in the latest build of the game, I’ll fix them as soon as possible.
Fan art contest?
Last year, I held a fan art contest while I was on vacation. I’d like to do that again this year! If I decide to go through with it, you’ll hear from me on November 18th. What will the contest be about, you ask? It’ll be a surprise! Just be patient!
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!