For every day that the matchmaking update continues to be delayed, I’ll post a preview of what you can expect to see in the next build of the game. I don’t want to give too many things away, so today, I’m going to be more vague than usual!
Here’s a screenshot containing some of the new content in the next build:
Who’s this dude? What is this new interaction menu that is visible on the right? How does this fit into the next update? It’s too early for me to go into detail…but feel free to speculate!
(If you happen to know what’s being depicted in the above image because of weird creepy stalkers taking screenshots of private, confidential stuff, please be polite, and don’t spoil it for others! Thanks for your consideration!)
For every day that the matchmaking update continues to be delayed, I’ll post a preview of what you can expect to see in the next build of the game…
…but, before that, I’d like to take a moment to acknowledge a milestone that we hit recently – the Yandere Simulator YouTube channel has now reached one million subscribers!
I would have loved to make a much more elaborate video than this, but I’m sure that you’d rather see me use my time to develop the game instead of creating videos, so I decided to keep it short and simple.
I need to give a huge thank you to Only Wednesday Music, who produced the awesome orchestrated music that you can hear in this video! What a guy!
I’m very happy that there are so many people who enjoy the work that I am doing! I know it’s a bit cliche for me to say this, but now is the most appropriate time to say it: Thank you all so much for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
Okay! Now, with that out of the way, here’s tonight’s preview:
Info-chan has a new item available for sale! For the low, low price of just one panty shot, you can purchase a wireless headset and a wireless earpiece. But…why would you want to have something like that? What purpose could it possibly serve? It’s a secret! I’ve blurred out the item’s description…I wonder if anyone will figure out what it says?
Here’s a screenshot of Yandere-chan wearing the headset, spying on someone from behind a tree. Who could she be spying on? What is she going to use that headset for? Hopefully you’ll only have to wait a couple more days to find out!
For every day that the matchmaking update continues to be delayed, I’ll post a preview of what you can expect to see in the next build of the game. Tonight’s preview is about the changes I’ve made to the school environment! First of all…
After being gone for 10 months, the corridor of sakura trees that leads up to the school entrance is back! Also, now all students spawn at once, instead of slowly spawning one-at-a-time. They will also no longer stare at their cell phones after they spawn.
The school now has a couple of scenic locations located around the schoolgrounds. These locations will be important aspects of the Matchmaking elimination method!
I have drastically improved the appearance of the hill where the mythical cherry tree is located. Previously, the hill was just a half-sphere stuck in the ground. Now, the hill actually looks like a real hill!
I’ve made some great progress on the Matchmaking feature over the past two days; I only have a couple of other things to take care of before the feature is ready. I’m quite excited about it, and I hope that you’re going to enjoy it!
For every day that the matchmaking update continues to be delayed, I’ll post a preview of what you can expect to see in the next build of the game. Tonight’s preview is…this!
Speaking to a student and asking them to tell you all of their likes / dislikes / interests / opinions doesn’t seem like very fun gameplay, and stalking students can be a slow and tedious process, so I’ve come up with a different way for players to learn more about the students of Akademi High. After you befriend a student, you can ask them to walk around school with you. By walking past certain places (like the Occult Club) or things (like the kitten) you will hear them voice their opinion on whatever you’ve just walked past. This should be a much more fun way of filling out the Topic grid.
If you befriend your rival and then walk past a student, your rival may look directly at that student, blush, and emit hearts. If she does this, it means that there is something about that student that she finds attractive. In the above screenshot, you can see Kokona expressing attraction towards a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Does that mean she’s attracted to blondes? Or, is she attracted to blue eyes? To find out, you should bring her near another boy who has blonde hair, but does not have blue eyes. If she blushes at him, it means she’s attracted to blondes. But if she doesn’t blush, then maybe she’s attracted to blue eyes. However, if she doesn’t blush around blondes and doesn’t blush around blue-eyed boys, either, then she must be attracted to something else about the blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy she was blushing at!
Hopefully, this “cross-referencing which students she’s attracted to” process will be a fun way to deduce what your rival finds attractive, which is a key part of eliminating her via matchmaking.
I’ll be back with another preview tomorrow night! Thanks for reading!
Hi! The next big update isn’t ready yet, but I’ve prepared a brief video to assure people that it’s on the way:
Throughout the first half of September, I shifted my attention back and forth between the Rival video and the Matchmaking update, as assets were delivered to me. I quickly realized that I felt very uncomfortable splitting my attention equally between two projects. I know that you guys voted for the Rival video to come first…but, after spending time working on both projects, I simply can’t resist focusing my attention on the Matchmaking update, since I’m super enthusiastic about it, and very eager to complete it. I’m very sorry if this disappoints anyone!
It’s hard to give an exact date for precisely when the Matchmaking update will be ready, but I anticipate three days minimum, seven days maximum. I’m so excited for it!
Please forgive me for taking so long to get it done! Thanks for your patience!
I know that this doesn’t actually have anything to do with the development of Yandere Simulator, but I thought it was so cool that I just had to make a video about it. It’s a mod that puts Yandere-chan into the latest Smash Bros game!
This mod was created by an awesome dude named Pikachuk! Thanks, Pikachuk!
If you want to play this mod, you’ll need 3 things:
- A WiiU that has been updated to 5.5.1 firmware.
- The ability to access the Internet on your WiiU.
- An SD card that has been formated to FAT32.
If you have the North American version of Smash Bros, download this zip file. Create a folder on the root of your SD card named 0005000010144F00.
If you have the European version of Smash Bros, download this zip file. Create a folder on the root of your SD card named 0005000010145000.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file. You’ll find a folder named “patch”. Put the “patch” folder into the “000500001014____” folder on the root of your SD card.
- Use your WiiU’s browser to navigate to this website: http://loadiine.ovh
- Select “sdcafiine + kernel” from the drop-down list.
- Your WiiU will return to the main menu. Return to http://loadiine.ovh
- Your WiiU will load sdcafiine. Just press the “A” button.
- Run Smash Bros, and see Yandere-chan!
No hardware modifications are required, no software installation is required.
(If you can’t get it working, please don’t e-mail me and ask for advice. I need to focus on developing Yandere Simulator. I can’t spend my time providing tech support for Smash mods. I’m sure you will find plenty of people in the Smash modding community who would be happy to help you.)
If you strongly disapprove of me using this blog to talk about anything except the development of Yandere Simulator, let me know. If there is a strong negative reaction to this type of content, I won’t spend any time on it in the future.
Looking for information about the most recent build? Click here!
The most recent build wasn’t absolutely riddled with game-breaking bugs, but it did have a handful of particularly bothersome issues that I decided to fix.
Scroll down below this beautiful artwork by Coffe Fox to read about the things that I fixed in this build!
- Fixed bug that would cause the Student Info page to display the wrong information for a student if the player took a picture of a student, displayed their interests, and then looked at a different student’s profile.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Kokona from breaking out of her “take a bath” animation if she was lit on fire while stepping into a bathtub.
- Fixed bug that would cause the prompt bar to become stuck onscreen if the player hit the “back” button while cyberbullying girls online.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to speak to students who were removing their shoes, which would cause bizarre glitches.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “censor shadow” to appear on Yandere-chan’s lower body even when she wasn’t wearing a skirt.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s locker to spawn extra uniforms out of thin air under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Yandere-chan’s phone from displaying onscreen while cyberbulling girls online.
- Fixed bug that was causing the texture of Yandere-chan’s drill hair to look bizarre while in school.
- Fixed bug that would allow players to order a student to “distract” a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that was causing the kitten’s neck to rotate in bizarre ways.
- Fixed a typo in the subtitle that appears when students react to Yandere-chan holding a ritual knife.
- The “Press Q to censor panties” debug command now affects all of Yandere-chan’s school uniforms, and all female students. So, if you wish, it is now possible to play Yandere Simulator without a single pair of panties ever appearing on your screen…except when you’re at the panty selection screen in your home.
The Rival Introduction Video isn’t ready yet, and the Matchmaking Elimination Method isn’t ready yet, either. Why, you ask? This video will explain it to you:
Here’s a list of everything that is new in this build:
- If you open the debug menu and press the “Q” key, a shadow will appear over Yandere-chan’s panties. (This is so that YouTubers won’t have to go through the extra trouble of putting a censor image onscreen when Yandere-chan’s panties are visible.) (Currently only functional on the default school uniform.)
- Added a new graphics quality level (“Yandere” with shadows disabled) for people who want to play with the best possible graphics, but desire a higher framerate.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to give food to a student as the student was cowering in fear after witnessing a murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause delinquents to stay in school permanently, past the point in time when they were supposed to leave.
- Fixed bug that was causing a low framerate whenever looking towards the fountain in the center of the school’s plaza.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a mind-broken slave’s blood from appearing on a weapon that they used to commit suicide.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s “twin drills” hairstyle to have a bizarre texture while in her home.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the “fade to black” effect from occurring when teleporting to the demon world.
- Fixed bug that would cause the guidance counselor’s text to appear when it wasn’t meant to appear.
- Fixed bug that was causing exceptionally long loading times when loading the school environment.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to access the Favors menu while in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to use debug commands while in the demon world.
- Added an easter egg connected to the turtle in the Light Music clubroom.
- Added a kitten. (No functionality yet. Appearance not yet final.)
- Began to implement a “Topic” system, which allows Yandere-chan to acquire new conversational topics to speak about with other students. (Not every Topic is currently unlockable, and it is not possible to converse with students about specific topics yet.)
It will probably only take a few days to acquire the rest of the voiced lines that I require for the Rival Introduction Video. However, the music that I require for the video could take much longer to produce – potentially up to 2 weeks, depending on the availability of the composer who has been given the task.
While I’m waiting for the voiced lines and background music, I’ll work on the Matchmaking Elimination Method. There are also a couple of other cool things that I’d like to make videos about…but those things are meant to be surprises, so I can’t tell you what they are yet.
I hope you’re not too upset that the Rival Introduction video and the Matchmaking Elimination Method both aren’t ready yet. I hope that both of those two things will be ready as soon as possible!