After a long, long wait, the Matchmaking elimination method is finally implemented! You can learn all about it here:
Here’s a full list of everything that is new in this build:
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to stop walking towards the bathroom if she noticed Yandere-chan doing something suspicious on the way there.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s mask to become splattered with blood if she was wearing a mask while tranquilizing another student.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to instruct students to go distract someone who was naked / bathing.
- Fixed bug that caused Midori to continue sending text messages even after she had just witnessed murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to hear the sound of fire when a mind-broken slave was spawning.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hair to turn invisible while getting a Game Over.
- Fixed graphical bug with Yandere-chan’s “twin drills” hairstyle.
- Fixed bug that would cause “Evil” students to call the police.
- Gave the nurse a more gentle face.
- Gave Oka Ruto a new choker.
- Improved the model for the hill that the mythical tree stands on top of, and moved the hill.
- Improved the sound of the piano in the Light Music Club.
- Added a static effect to the screen when the player attempts to run out of the school grounds.
- Added a corridor of cherry trees outside of the school.
- Added Tasks for Pippi, Ryuto, and Kokona’s suitor.
- Made it possible to learn 5 of Kokona’s likes and 5 of Kokona’s dislikes.
- Selected a “suitor” for Kokona (he can be seen gazing longingly at Kokona).
- Added a “Love” option to the dialogue wheel. This option only appears if Yandere-chan has befriended the character she is speaking to. This option currently only works for Kokona and her suitor.
- If the player uses the “Love” option to correctly identify a character’s crush, then the Love option can be used to open a menu of three other Love-related options.
- The player can use the Love menu to make a suitor change his appearance.
- The player can use the Love menu to give a suitor a gift to give to the girl he has a crush on.
- The player can use the Follow Me command to lead the suitor to the library so raise his Intelligence stat.
- The player can now purchase a wireless headset and a wireless earpiece from Info-chan.
- The player can use the Love menu to instruct the current rival to go somewhere to meet someone special.
- The player can use the Love menu to instruct a suitor to go talk to the current rival.
- Once the rival and the suitor are alone together, the player can use the wireless headset to give instructions to the suitor as he speaks to the rival. This opens up a dating minigame.
- If the player is able to raise the rival’s Affection Meter to 100% before 5:00 PM on Friday, the rival will put a love letter into her suitor’s locker that will cause them to go to the cherry tree outside of school.
- If the player approaches the rival and the suitor while they are under the mythical cherry tree, the player will see a cutscene where the two students confess their love for one another.
- After the suitor and the rival have entered a relationship, the player can see them walk into school while holding hands and also see them cuddling at lunchtime.
As I mentioned at the end of the Matchmaking video, my next priority is going to be the Rival Introduction video. Here’s what still needs to be done:
- Re-render some of the 3D footage
- Review all voice actress’ takes and select the best ones
- Ask the composer to adjust the volume / mix of the background music so it doesn’t drown out the girls’ voices
- Slightly adjust some of the video’s timing to sync up with the music perfectly
- Give the finished video to an effects specialist who is going to help me with motion blur, color correction, and other fancy stuff like that
(I’m also second-guessing some of the decisions that I made with the rivals and with the video. There is a small chance that the video could be slightly delayed if I decide to change some of those things.)
In a best-case scenario, the rival video will be out in less than 48 hours, but in a worst-case scenario, it might take about a week to take care of everything named above (if I have to keep asking actresses for new takes, or if the composer / specialist have very little time to work on this project).
As always, thank you very much for following the development of Yandere Simulator!