The new build is finally ready! Here’s a YouTube video that will tell you all about it:
If you want to see a list of every little addition, fix, or tweak in this build, here’s a list:
Fixes And Changes:
- The idea with Social Butterflies is that they would run and hide in heavily-populated areas. However, if a murder occurs IN a heavily-populated area, then Social Butterflies “hide” right where they are standing. To combat this problem, Social Butterflies now run to a collective hiding spot and huddle together, rather than “hide” in plain view of the killer.
- Fixed bug that would cause the pink trail leading to class to fall through the ground. (This has caused the return of the bug that would cause the pink trail to exert physical force on other objects in the world. Finding a solution that prevents both bugs simultaneously is difficult.)
- Researched and successfully implemented a method for modifying textures while the game is running. (You can currently only see one example of this in the game right now: Midori’s stockings and panties are now green.) This opens up tons of customization potential in the future!
- Finally fixed that stupid bug that would cause teachers’ eyelids to deform in a bizarre manner during their blinking animation, and also fixed that stupid bug that would cause teachers’ irises to deform during their “eyes shrinking with fear” animation.
- Previously, if a murder-suicide occurred above stairs, the difference in the heights of the two characters would the animation to become desynchronized. Now, a murder-suicide is no longer allowed to occur above stairs.
- Fixed bug that would give the player a game over for holding a weapon – instead of a game over for murder – if the player committed murder in front of a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause the murder-suicide animation to glitch out if Kokona was splashed with liquid or set on fire before the animation began.
- Fixed bug that would prevent blood from spawning during a murder-suicide animation if the animation occurred above the ground floor of the school.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to tilt at extreme angles if the player distracted them with a giggle while at a higher or lower elevation.
- Students who have witnessed Yandere-chan commit murder will now always perform a face-hiding animation if she aims her camera at them.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to spin in place if she received a note in her locker telling her to meet a student at 7:00 AM.
- Replaced Yandere-chan’s old placeholder home environment with a new one (trigger the “Befriending Kokona” cutscene to see it).
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to do weird teleporting nonsense if she was splashed with water while changing her shoes.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai be permanently frozen if he was startled by Yandere-chan while changing his shoes.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause students to get stuck on a wall when attempting to exit a bathroom.
- Attempted to fix the bug that would cause corpses’ limbs to stretch out as they were being dragged.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to pause the game while being attacked by a delinquent.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from using the “Go Away” command on Musume Ronshaku.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to clip through walls after winning a struggle.
- Fixed fire extinguisher signs that were pointing in the wrong direction.
- Fixed janky camera movement after winning a struggle.
- Smoothed camera movement after losing a struggle.
- Added a new hairstyle to the game.
- Fixed bugs in Bad Time Mode.
- Added the ability to pray to a turtle.
- Added new killing animations that play depending on the protagonist’s current level of sanity. You must speak to the turtle in the Light Music clubroom to activate these animations.
- Added stealth attacks that only play if the protagonist attacks someone from behind. You must speak to the turtle in the Light Music clubroom to activate these animations.
- If your Physical stat is above 0, it is now possible to have a struggle against a teacher, and kill that teacher.
- Now, when a teacher is killed, they will be replaced the next day by a randomly-generated teacher.
- Adjusted the blood spray particle effect of the murder-suicide animation.
- Added new struggle animations (for students and teachers).
- Added new sound effects to the murder-suicide animation.
I’m currently looking at three possibilities…
- Implement Matchmaking
- Create the Rival Introduction Video
- Take care of a bunch of miscellaneous tasks (implement new inventory system, re-write some code so that it’s easier for me to make cosmetic changes to students, make changes to the school environment, etc.)
The way things might work is that I’ll start working on the Rival Introduction video, but I’ll run into some kind of roadblock (need new music, need adjustments to the artwork, need the voice actresses to re-record some lines) and then I’ll put the Rival Introduction video on hold and take care of miscellaneous tasks to pass the time while I’m waiting for the assets I need. Or, I’ll work on the Matchmaking elimination method while waiting for assets, instead.
Help me decide what my next top priority should be! Vote on this poll!