Edit: Oops! There was a serious bug in this build that prevented the user from having the “Offer Help” conversation with Kokona. A new build has been uploaded that fixes this issue.
If you’re looking for information about the most recent additions to the game, click here!
There were some bugs in the June 1st build! I’ve created a new build loaded with bug-fixes and general improvements. Here’s an example…
A lot of people have been reporting difficulty in successfully kidnapping victims. I’ve tested this feature dozens of times – possibly hundreds of times by now – and I’ve never run into any problems with it. I can only conclude that the people who are failing to perform kidnappings are not following all of the required steps.
As a result, I’ve decided to add something new to the game; the “Kidnapping Checklist!”
When you walk into the “Kidnapping Room”, a checklist will appear onscreen. This checklist will tell you if you currently meet all of the criteria to perform a kidnapping. If you’re missing the tranquilizer, if your Biology stat is too low, if your victim is not eligible for kidnapping, if you’re missing the syringe, or if the door isn’t shut, the checklist will let you know with a little “X” next to the corresponding criteria. Hopefully, now it will be much easier for people to successfully perform a kidnapping!
That’s not the only thing that’s new in this build. To see a list of everything that has been changed in this build, scroll down below this image gallery of cool portraits drawn by clearlyoriginaljellyfish!
- If the player left a note in Kokona’s locker, instructed her to go stand somewhere, and Kokona stood there until one of her events triggered, there was a bug that would cause Kokona to go perform her event in the wrong location. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to prepare food while standing on the school rooftop if the player left a note in Kokona’s locker asking to meet her on the rooftop during a point in time when she would be performing her food-preparation animation.
- Adjusted the schedules of the female social butterflies / “Rainbow Six” girls so that they don’t spend so much time in the cooking club, allowing Kokona more time to check her locker for notes towards the end of the day.
- If the player orders multiple items from Info-chan, Info-chan will now drop every item in the order they were bought, instead of only dropping the last item that was purchased.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be able to walk through the chain link fences that appear on the school rooftop after a student dies from falling off the roof.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to perform the “Push Kokona off school roof” animation on Kokona even when she wasn’t standing at the edge of the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause Sakyu Basu’s ring to remain on the rooftop bench if the player went to class while Sakyu was eating lunch on the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “What type of picture did I just take?” icons to appear at the top of all screenshots taken using the smartphone’s camera.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Offer Help” prompt to remain available in the rooftop meeting spot even after Kokona had walked away from that spot.
- Fixed bug that would cause the woodchipper to stop spewing blood when disposing of corpses, after the first corpse Yandere-chan put inside of it.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Musume Ronshaku to get stuck on the school’s exterior doors when trying to enter the school at lunchtime.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from completing Musume’s task if the player bought cigarettes before accepting her task.
- Fixed bug that would cause cigarettes to remain in Yandere-chan’s inventory even after she had given the cigarettes to Musume.
- A “Checklist” will now appear onscreen when the player is attempting to kidnap people in the “Kidnapping Room” of the school.
- Fixed bug that would cause text to exit the text boxes in the Student Info screen.
- Added Kokona’s task to the Task menu.
If at least 10 significant bugs are found over the next 24 hours, the next build will be another bug-fixing build. If not, then I’ll begin working on implementing some of those assets that I received between May 15th and June 1st.
The official website is coming along nicely! I’m looking forward to showing it off! I’m looking forward to releasing the official launcher, too!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!