Oops! There were a lot of embarrassing bugs in the previous build of the game. A new build has been uploaded. You can grab it from the Downloads page.
Scroll down for a list of the bugs that I fixed in this build!
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from selecting a student to distract when attempting to tell a friend to go distract someone.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to enter the “Distracted” state permanently if the student who was distracting them was killed.
- Fixed bug that would cause controller buttons to appear on the social media website when the player was using a keyboard.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to gossip to a student about themself, under specific circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to become unresponsive if the player attempted to apologize.
- Fixed bug that would cause two text messages from Info-chan to overlay on top of each other.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Kokona from discovering a letter left inside of her locker.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to walk in place during her Wednesday lunchtime event.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai’s eyes to point in different directions…I think.
- Fixed bug that would change the color of the letter left inside of Kokona’s locker.
- Fixed bug that was causing the word “Sleep” above Yandere-chan’s bed to flicker.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to gossip about teachers.
- Changed the cost of a girl’s dark secret from 10 panty shots to 8 panty shots.
Phew! Hopefully those were all of the major bugs. I hope that there aren’t any other game-breaking bugs left in the current build!
Also, I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but it’s about time for me to remind people to read this blog post.
Thank you for following Yandere Simulator’s development!
I’ve finally prepared a new build of the game! This build introduces the concepts of friendship, gossiping, and bullying to the game.
This video should explain everything:
In addition to those features, some other miscellaneous improvements were added to the game. Here’s a full list of everything that’s new in this build:
- It is now possible to damage a student’s reputation by gossiping about them with other NPCs.
- It is not possible to gossip if your reputation is “Bad”.
- You cannot gossip with a student more than once per day.
- Gossiping damages your own reputation.
- Having a high reputation will enhance the effect of your gossip.
- Wearing the right panties will enhance the effect of your gossip.
- You can pay Info-chan for information that will enhance the effect of your gossip.
- Being friends with a student will enhance the effect of your gossip with that student.
- It is possible to damage a student’s reputation by badmouthing them on social media.
- If you lie on the Internet, your reputation will drop.
- If you expose your rival’s dirty secrets on the Internet, her reputation will drop.
- You can check a student’s reputation on your smartphone’s “Student Info” screen.
- If a student’s reputation drops low enough, they will no longer be welcome around other students, and will sit alone instead of socializing.
- If a student’s reputation drops low enough, other students will begin to vandalize that student’s desk.
- If a student’s reputation drops low enough, they will stop coming to school.
- Added night and day to Yandere-chan’s room. Certain activities are only available during the day, others only available at night.
- Added a bed for sleeping, a TV for gaming, a shelf for manga, and a computer for cyber-bullying.
- Yandere-chan now gets her panties from a drawer instead of an armoire.
- Replaced Yandere-chan’s room with a new environment model.
- Added placeholder music tracks to Yandere-chan’s room.
Tasks and Friendship
- It is now possible to use the “Task” option in the student interaction wheel to accept a task from a student. There is currently only one in the game.
- If you complete a Task for a student, your reputation will improve, and that student will become your friend.
- Being friends with a student enables you to access the Favors menu.
- All of the options in the Favors menu are now operational. You can ask a friend to follow you, leave the area, or distract another NPC for you.
- Being friends with a student also means that your compliments and gossip will have a stronger effect on that student.
- You can check the status of all of your current Tasks on your smartphone’s “Task list” screen.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Senpai to have white hair and white eyes if the player made no selections whatsoever when customizing Senpai at the customization screen.
- It is now possible to take photographs by aiming the camera and then pressing the CTRL button instead of the left mouse button. (“RB” for Xbox controller users.)
- Attempted to fix the bug that would cause Yandere-chan and a student to freeze in place when Yandere-chan tried to interact with a student.
- While speaking with an NPC, it is now possible to tap the “Confirm” button during a conversation to advance the text.
- An audio clip now plays when trying to look up Info-chan’s information in the Student Info screen.
- After you kidnap a girl, the girl who appears in your basement will have the correct hairstyle.
- Fixed bug that would cause Osana Najimi to disappear under specific circumstances.
- It is now possible to access the phone pause menu when in Yandere-chan’s room.
- The “End-Of-Day Results” screen has been sped up to twice its previous speed.
- There is now an operational vending machine on school grounds.
- Added a new Easter egg.
- Adjusted the contrast of the hair textures so that some hairstyles are not drastically darker than other hairstyles.
- Fixed a problem that would cause Ryuto Ippongo’s bandana to appear black when viewed from a certain angle.
- Gave the teachers unique hair and glasses so that they no longer look like clones of Yandere-chan.
- Added three new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Gave Ryuto Ippongo some less-extreme hair.
- Improved Pippi Osu’s hair.
If I’m still going by my “1st and 15th of every month” update schedule, then this update was 7 days late, and I only have 7 days to produce a new update. It would be impossible to implement something elaborate into the game in such a short span of time…but I can think of a few features that people have been begging for that wouldn’t take more than a few days to implement, so that might be the focus of the next build. However, I don’t want to make any promises just yet. We’ll just have to see how things turn out.
All work and no play makes YandereDev morbidly depressed, so I decided to make something fun with the help of several very talented volunteers:
Check out the video description for a list of everyone involved in the production of the video!
Would you like to see more “just for fun” videos like this in the future, or do you think that I should never do anything like this ever again? Please let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Heh heh heh…I know what I’ll do…instead of calling it a “delay apology”, I’ll call it an “update preview”…yeah…that’s a brilliant idea!
It is my honor and my privilege to present you with this thrilling Update Preview!
I plan to release another video within the next few days, and a new gameplay build shortly afterwards.
Sorry for the wait! I hope that this video gives you some things to speculate about and look forward to!