It’s been 17 days since the last update, so I decided to upload a new build containing my most recent progress and a bunch of bug fixes.
To read about everything that is new in this update, scroll down past this beautiful artwork by alicerbear!
First, let’s get the miscellaneous additions and bug fixes out of the way:
- The outfit that the player has chosen for Yandere-chan will now be displayed on the title screen. (For debugging purposes, Yandere-chan’s title screen outfit can be changed using the F1, F2, F3, F4, and F5 keys.)
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to freely run around in the “Heartbroken” game over screen if Senpai spotted her committing murder under very specific circumstances.
- Added a button prompt inside of Yandere-chan’s room that explains what button you’re supposed to press in order to access things (panties, corkboard, door, etc).
- Added an option in the Easter Egg menu to disable copyrighted music while Easter Eggs are active, so that YouTubers don’t get their videos flagged.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to perform the mopping animation without a mop in her hands if the player crouched while she was mopping.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Lowest School Atmosphere” music to play when the “Highest School Atmosphere” music should have been playing.
- The player can now use the D-Pad to navigate the Challenge screen in addition to the keyboard and thumbsticks.
- Fixed bug that would cause an electrocuted girl to stop being electrocuted if she heard Yandere-chan laughing.
- Fixed bug that would make it possible to view Challenge images while leaving the Challenge screen.
- Modified “DK Mode” so that now all students are affected by it, not just Yandere-chan.
- The school uniform that you choose for Yandere-chan now appears inside of her home.
- Fixed bugs with keyboard navigation at the Challenge screen.
- Fixed Midori Gurin’s hair in her Student Info portrait.
- Fixed Pippi Osu’s hair in her Student Info portrait.
- Changed the “horror” music at the title screen.
- Added music to the “DK Mode” easter egg.
- Added a new student to the game.
The game’s newest feature is something that may not seem very exciting at first glance, but will actually be very important in the final version of the game. It’s the Student Info screen!
The Student Info screen will tell you which students you have taken a picture of, which students are dead, and which students you have taken a panty shot of.
Taking a picture of a student will show you their Student Info, which can be accessed at any time from the Student Info menu.
Info-chan now displays more information than she previously did: This screen now displays a student’s reputation and also some additional information about them.
Some students need to be stalked before their “Additional Information” section is filled out:
You might think that this new feature is boring, because it’s not directly related to harming your victims. However, this screen will actually be an essential part of the next elimination method that will be added to the game! Just you wait; very soon, you will learn just how important the Student Info screen can be!
If you have a keen eye, you may have noticed that there seems to be a new student in-between Pippi and Midori on the Student Info screen…just who could that be, I wonder?