I’m on vacation until September 15th, but I still want to update the blog with as many interesting things as I can. I’d like to try something new, and see if anyone enjoys it.
What I’d like to try first is…a Fan Art Contest!
A new Metal Gear Solid game just came out, so I think it would be appropriate to ask people to draw Yandere-chan cosplaying as Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain!
The winner of the contest will receive a Steam code for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and a code for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! I’ll also be happy to link to your DeviantArt/Tumblr/whatever you’ve got, so that everyone can check out more of your artwork.
The deadline for the art contest is September 13th. On September 14th, I’ll make a blog post naming the winner of the contest, and show off the illustrations that almost won the contest.
The contest rules are:
- You’re allowed to include multiple characters in the illustration. For example: Yandere-chan perched on the school rooftop, aiming a sniper rifle at Osana Najimi as she talks to Senpai-kun.
- You’re allowed to modify Quiet’s clothing so that Yandere-chan is wearing a cross between her normal school uniform and Quiet’s clothing, or just draw Quiet’s clothing with 100% accuracy.
- You’re allowed to submit more than one illustration, although this does not increase your chances of winning.
- September 13th is the final day that you’re allowed to submit your illustration. I will not accept any submissions past September 13th.
- You must include the words “Quiet Contest” in your e-mail’s subject line, or else it may be impossible for me to find your entry among all of the e-mails that I receive every day.
If you need to know any other specifics, please ask in the comment section below.
In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past 2 years and don’t know what Quiet looks like, here are some reference images:
Isn’t she just magical?
If people seem to enjoy the idea of a fan art contest, then there might be one contest per month, with a different reward each time!
So, what do you think? Is this a good idea? A bad idea? Do you have any ideas for fun fan-engagement activities? Please let me know in the comment section below!