EDIT: Bugs were found and fixed. A new build is now available.
School Atmosphere has finally been added to the game! This new feature affects almost everything about the game. Here’s a video that explains all of its current effects:
Here’s a full list of everything that’s new in this build:
- Added a “Choose Uniform” interface to the “Customize Senpai” screen. The player can now choose what uniform the school’s students will wear.
- There are now 5 uniforms available for male students.
- There are now 5 uniforms available for female students.
- It is possible to apply custom textures to all 5 of Yandere-chan’s possible school uniforms.
- The process for applying custom textures to Yandere-chan has changed slightly. There will no longer be a “CustomArms.png” and Yandere-chan’s arm texture will now come from “CustomUniform.png”. I apologize for any custom textures that break because of this!
- It was only possible to add new uniforms to the game because of a tremendous amount of assistance from Saracen!
- If a student stops coming to school (because they were killed or kidnapped), School Atmosphere will drop slightly.
- If a corpse is discovered, School Atmosphere will drop significantly.
- As School Atmosphere drops, the school becomes darker and less colorful.
- As School Atmosphere drops, the game’s background music changes to suit the mood of the school. These new music tracks were composed by Henry Rofkar of Only Wednesday Music!
- As School Atmosphere drops, students will become more paranoid.
- A paranoid student can notice dangerous behavior from a farther distance.
- A paranoid student becomes alarmed faster than a normal student.
- A paranoid student’s idle animation is similar to the movement of a security camera (looking left and right) increasing the chance that Yandere-chan will be spotted by them.
- As School Atmosphere Drops, Yandere-chan will lose more reputation points from dangerous behavior (carrying weapons, looking bloody, acting psychotic).
- Now, when a student is murdered, they will scream. If a student hears a scream, they will react by turning in the direction of the scream.
- As School Atmosphere drops, students will react to screams from longer distances.
- The “mood” of the Calendar Screen changes to reflect the current level of School Atmosphere, and displays a number and a graphic that relates to the current School Atmosphere level.
- If Yandere-chan steps into a puddle of blood while barefoot, she leaves behind a bloody footprint instead of a bloody shoeprint.
- Students will now react to Yandere-chan when she is laughing in a sadistic and psychotic way. This will cause reputation loss.
- Added more options to the Debug Menu (accessed by pressing the “\” key on your keyboard).
- Added a “stab” sound effect when stabbing students.
- Added a new sponsor to the sponsor screens.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to clip into the bathtub in the shower room by running towards the purple haired girl while she was bathing (I think).
- Fixed bug that would cause objects to grow larger and larger in size every time they were picked up and dropped by Slender-chan or DK-chan.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s textures to get screwed up if Easter Eggs were activated while she was nude.
- Fixed bug that was preventing outlines from appearing on male students’ heads in Yandere Vision.
I’m going to take a two-week vacation from game development now, but I have some noteworthy blog posts planned for the near future, including a contest that I’m very excited about! Please keep checking in for updates!