Last Updated July 1st 2:35 AM with bug fixes
If you’re looking for the most recent build, click here.
I’ve been trying to add a new elimination method to the game once every two weeks. May 15th was rooftop-pushing, June 1st was poisoning, June 16th was drowning…I really wanted to include another elimination method in the game for July 1st, but I wasn’t able to pull it off with the amount of time I had available. I could have implemented a bare-bones version, but it wouldn’t have been very exciting or interesting. So, I’m postponing the next elimination method until July 15th.
So, what do I have for you today, on July 1st? I have a new build and a new video. The latest build doesn’t have a new elimination method, but it does have lots of bug fixes, as well as several additions / improvements that you can read about below.
Today’s video is a bit different; instead of making a video about the latest new additions to the game, I made a video where I examine a game that is similar to Yandere Simulator, and discuss which features might be beneficial for Yandere Sim. At the end of the video, I pose a question that I’d love to hear your answer to.
Now that you’ve seen the video, how about answering a poll for me?
You’ll have to paste the link in your address bar: poll.fm/5c0lb
If you’re interested in seeing a list of all of the changes in the latest build, have a look:
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to apologize for interrupting a conversation (there is no reputation loss for doing so, so there is no need to apologize).
- Fixed bug that would result in the “Drown” prompt not disappearing if the purple-haired NPC witnessed a murder during her “Stand Near Fountain” event.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to speak to an NPC when that NPC was supposed to be heading to a meeting place.
- Fixed bug that would cause an NPC to slide across the ground if they witnessed a corpse while following Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that would cause a poisoned girl to stop choking to death if she noticed Yandere-chan taking a panty shot.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be unable to pick up an item if she was standing directly on top of it.
- Fixed bug that would prevent events from being interrupted even when Yandere-chan was bloody / armed / insane.
- Fixed bug that would cause some students to continue walking around when Yandere-chan was spotted by Senpai.
- Fixed bug that would cause girls’ hair to show up incorrectly when viewing their Info-chan profile.
- Fixed bug that would make the “Pippi” character stand in front of her locker instead of playing video games.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to sprout ponytails when Yandere-chan was spotted by Senpai.
- Fixed bug that would make an NPC immune to weapons if she was in the middle of an event.
- Fixed bug that would cause events to trigger when Yandere-chan was spotted by Senpai.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to ignore corpses lying in doorways.
- Attempted to fix a bug that would cause an Event to occur even if one of the NPCs involved in that event was dead.
- All buckets are now empty until Yandere-chan fills them up at a water source.
- Buckets of water now get bloody when Yandere-chan dips a bloody mop inside.
- It is now possible to dump a bucket of bloody water into a large sink.
- Changed the appearance of the timer that appears when the incinerator is activated.
- Changed the appearance of the incinerator model.
- Added flames when activating the incinerator.
- Added sound effects to the incinerator.
- Added new accessories. One of the new accessories has a bonus feature attached to it! Can you find it?
- Updated the teacher’s voiced lines.
- Reverted title screen music.
2:35 AM Update
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze after getting caught by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from drowning the purple-haired girl.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the gym doors from opening.
- Removed the “blast off” feature, because I never programmed in a method for returning to Earth after leaving the planet.
This is still a huge problem for me, and I encourage you to read it if you are considering contacting me about anything at all.
Blog Post Tomorrow!
Tomorrow, I will be making a blog post aimed at past, present, and future volunteers. If you’ve contributed to Yandere Simulator in the past, or if you’re considering contributing in the future, you’ll definitely want to read tomorrow’s blog post!