LAST UPDATED: May 7th, 11:45 PM
If you’re looking for general information about the latest build, click here.
If you want to download the latest build, click here.
Wow! What beautiful fan art by Bakki!
As expected, you guys found tons of bugs in the latest build! I spent all day fixing the “easy” bugs, but the remaining bugs will require much more time to resolve. Here’s what’s fixed in the current build:
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to play the wrong animation during the “Expelled” sequence if she was in “Pass Time” mode when she was caught.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in the body-dragging animation when placing a girl’s body into the “kidnap box”.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to label the player as “lewd” if he aimed his camera at a girl who was on the other side of a wall.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to ignore corpses that had been dragged away from the spots where they were initially murdered.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to laugh at the EXPELLED screen if she was laughing when the teacher caught her.
- Updated Yandere-chan’s “expelled” animation so that her hand is behind her back, where the teacher is trying to keep it.
- Increased the size of a teacher’s cone of vision so that they can see murder occuring at the back of their classrooms.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Yandere-chan from returning home if she was bloody, armed, or insane.
- Fixed bug that could cause the game to become unresponsive while inside of Yandere-chan’s room.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to ignore Yandere-chan while she was in “Pass Time” mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to avoid using the stairs on the opposite side of the gym.
- Fixed bug that would cause errors with the weapon pickup name labels.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be labeled “Lewd” while taking out her camera if the camera accidentally pointed at a girl’s skirt during the “raise camera” animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause an NPC running to report murder to forget about the murder and resume his normal routine if the time of day changed while he was running.
- Fixed bug that would cause students who witnessed murder or corpses to panic and hide for the entire day even after a teacher had determined that it was a prank.
- Fixed bug that would cause the word “Stop” to remain above a student’s head if that student witnessed murder while the “Stop” prompt was active.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to strike up a friendly conversation with a student who is fleeing in terror from a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to be “Expelled” for minor infractions while she was being chased for more serious crimes.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to continue following their routines while Yandere-chan is being “Heartbroken” or “Expelled”.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to strike up a friendly conversation with a student while being chased by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to speak the wrong line when witnessing Yandere-chan’s insanity while guarding a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would break the “Expelled” cut-scene if Yandere-chan was grabbed while dipping a mop into a bucket.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to ignore all corpses after being led to believe that one corpse was a prank.
- Changed the turning speed of students in an attempt to prevent them from getting stuck on corners when running.
- Fixed bug that would cause NPCs to continue following their routines during the “Police Invesitgation” screen.
- Fixed bug that would break the “Expelled” cut-scene if Yandere-chan was grabbed while she had her camera out.
- Fixed bug that would break the “Expelled” cut-scene if Yandere-chan was grabbed while attacking a student.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to react improperly when witnessing Yandere-chan dragging a corpse.
- Increased the maximum running speed of teachers so that it’s impossible for the player to outrun them.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to go to class while a teacher was investigating a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would enable the “Apology” dialogue option on a student who had witnessed a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to trigger multiple easter eggs at the same time.
- Yandere-chan now drops her weapon at the proper moment durin the “Expelled” animation.
- Now, if Yandere-chan is holding a weapon when she is spotted by Senpai, she drops it.
- Fixed bug that would allow multiple teachers to chase Yandere-chan simultaneously.
- Disabled the HUD during the “Heartbroken” and “Expelled” sequences.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be labeled as “lewd” if she was pointing her camera at a girl’s skirt when another student was blocking Yandere-chan’s view of that girl.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to become unresponsive if the player was aiming Yandere-chan’s smartphone while being apprehended by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if Yandere-chan was caught by a teacher with a few seconds remaining on the Police countdown timer.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to become unresponsive if the player murdered the student who reported murder to them.
- Atempted to fix bug that would cause the week to reset to Monday if the player selected “Load Checkpoint” on a Friday.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to walk in place when dumping a body into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause Monday to occur two times in one week.
- Replaced the instrument case’s model with a nicer-looking one.
- Added a new room with some placeholder props as a test.
- Attempted to fix “only Senpai spawns at school” bug.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to retain “Trespassing” status even after leaving a trespass-zone.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to sometimes not obtain “Trespassing” status when entering a classroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to hold on to a corpse when being tackled by a teacher.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Teacher’s Pet to try and run and inform a teacher of murder even if that teacher had witnessed the same murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to freeze permanently if she witnessed a corpse, and that corpse was then thrown into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause the teacher to acknowledge a corpse that Yandere-chan was dragging, but not acknowledge the fact that Yandere-chan was dragging a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause the “Expelled” sequence to break if Yandere-chan was grabbed by a teacher while she was tossing a corpse into the incinerator.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to expell Yandere-chan for holding an unsuspicious weapon if she was trespassing as she was holding it
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to play her mopping animation during the “Expelled” sequence if she was mopping while she was grabbed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to hold items in her hands (water bucket, bloody uniform) during the “Expelled” sequence.
I spent 4 days fixing bugs, but I will probably spend the next 7 days adding new features to the game, so it is doubtful that this post will be updated again!
103 thoughts on “May 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Bug-Fixing Update”
Not everyone can tolerate but can wait.
not sure if it’s been reported or not, but while trying to take panty shots of the rival girl in the front of the school for fun, i crawled straight into the tree she stands in front of and it crashed my game.
actually that might not even be a bug sorry in advance
Oh yeah one more thing that needs to be fixed and the shooting takes off her panties when sending photos.
Do you have anything to do with the anime girl runner / anime girl apps? Noticed they used a verrry similar model to the ones in your game, so I was curious o:
why cant we ask someone to follow us anymore in the updated version?
Who knows … Who knows when there will be waiting for the next update if the author is certainly not forgotten about them.
you misspelled may as “march” twice
So I’m not the only one who noticed that. XD
Can I suggest for Yandere-chan to stay in her same state of sanity when the camera cuts to her for being caught and expelled? Doesn’t seem to make sense for her to be visibly insane after killing 5 people, and then reset to her sane sanity level when shes caught by the teacher or Senpai. Most noticeably, her pupil reverts back to normal, for example.
Can you release this for IPhone/IPod/IPad?
I do not think that the author considers it necessary to translate into Can you release it for IPhone / IPod / IPad
I was messing around with the new ‘Teachers Pet’ Witness, and i discovered two bugs.
1) When you leave a witness alive for the day, the next day they will not come to school. Both the witnesses i tried it out on, PurpleBoy and Cyanboy, didnt attend school the next day.
2) When i brought Cyanboy and Greengirl to the gym, to kidnap Greengirl and have Cyanboy witness it, Cyanboy brought back a teacher. All was fine, but when the teacher went to leave she got stuck on both the entrance to the gym and to the storage room doors. I got her past the storage room door by pushing her, but was unable to do anything other than move her a little at the entrance/exit.
Also, when i went to my photo gallery in my phone the buttons were for a gamepad rather than a keyboard.
;-; the teachers pet gets blocked by other students that didnt see the murder happen
I decided to drug and kill two rivals in one day after school (losing some sanity, I went home immediately) but the following day, only senpai and the red headed girl were at school, and the next day also! Which would be a fantastic result for Yandere-chan, but not for the game!
I reloaded the game, but to no avail.Resetting the week worked, and upon recreation of the bug, it didn’t occur again..
Uh, before I forget as well, I managed to avoid being caught by a teacher who gave chase by running in circles. Obviously, I cant keep it up forever, but thought I’d mention it.
Ideas for the game:
For the full game, there should be backpacks to hold your weapons.
Just for fun.
A personality that wouldn’t care about murdering, weapons, etc.
The person with the personality would always hold a phone. If they saw you holding a weapon, insane, etc, they’d say”Like, whatever.”
Backpacks = Planned
Selfies = I think you should consider this done, it’s so obvious that Dev will put this into the game, it would be a shame not to…
Personality types = I know that there will be an Evil personality. Supposedly they will congratulate you if they see murders, so I guess they will be like “Uh, I am kind of busy, is there something you want?” if they see Yandere-chan being all YanYan.
About kidnap, why may i kidnap someone? Cant i just kill that girl?
cus you can make hER KILL OTHERS AND DO STUFF THAT WOULD BE A PAIN TO DO YOURSELF
like your homework.
But seriously, it will be possible to make a slave out of a kidnapped student (you just need to mentally break them). You can then order them to go over and kill someone so you don’t have to do it yourself. I think it will go like this:
1. Yandere-chan hath chosen thou as her loyal slave (You go to school and look for an appropriate student to kidnap.)
2. Yandere-chan is/becomes popular AND has studied enough biology, so she can kidnap the hell outta you (You work yourself to a good reputation, and you also get lvl. 1 in biology)
3. Yandere-chan will now “show you something cool”, which by she means OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT *tranquilizes you* (You ask the student to follow you, and go somewhere desolate (like those little rooms in the gym) and you tranquilize the student and stuff them in a container)
4. Yandere-chan has blessed your being by choosing you as her slave, and now we shall proceed with the… *dramatic zoom* TREATMENT. (You will mentally break the student and they will have no will on their own after a while. They are now obeying your every word, but they cannot do anything on their own, so if they go to school, they wont be able to do what they are supposed to do in school. You know, go to class and stuff. At least I think that is how it will go down…)
5. Yandere-chan thinks that thou are USELESS as a member of society, and thou shall now proceed with thou very purpose of thy life: Killing the fuck outta this bitch that is wayyyyyy too close to Senpai-kun. After that, do the same to yourself. (You will command the slave to go to school and then kill the Rival-chan/Rival-kun, possibly in front of every student and teacher ever. Then, they will kill themselves so the police (and others) will not be able to investigate properly, and in the end, making it impossible for them to solve the case.)
6. Yandere-chan thanks you for your service. Senpai-kun is now again within my reach! (Rival-chan/Rival-kun is outta the goddamn way, so you have eliminated them without risking reputation-drop, getting kicked out of the school or being arrested! Well, the last one is a kinda “depends how subtle you are about the kidnapping”, but hey, if you can’t do it, you aren’t trying hard enough!)
Basically, you will be able to kill off a hard-to-kill rival, like if your rival is a lot stronger than you and goes to some kinda taekwondo/karate-thing (and would kick the Yandere out of you), and if you do not have time to raise your physical stat to max, you could take this other student, brainwash them, then make em do it. Win-win for everyone. Or something.
Any one interested in a bit of lore? Considering that Akademi High School is fenced off from the rest of the outside world, I believe that the school most be a privately owned and prestigious academy for the rich and privileged. Or is this just how every Japanese High school is built like? Until we get official word from the creator, we can only speculate. What do you think? Anyone?
I think its just your average school. Most schools seem to be closed off in that manner.Even in the UK they’re closed off, not necessarily with walls, generally with fences, and access is only through the reception. So I don’t think it’d be a private school based on the walls, but it could be still regardless.