If you want to download the latest debug build, click here! The next build will be uploaded on April 15th.
Did you guys enjoy the April Fools videos? I sure hope you did!
The newest addition to the game is something that I teased two weeks ago: kidnapping!
Here’s a list of all of the new additions to the game:
- When you go to class, you will be given the opportunity to allocate “study points” in certain subjects. If you increase your Biology grade, you will be able to use a tranquilizer under the right circumstances.
- You can increase your reputation at school by talking to students and complimenting them. If your reputation is high enough, you can ask a student to follow you around school.
- If you increase your Biology grade, steal tranquilizer from the nurse’s office, lead a girl to the gym storage room, close the door behind you, and stick a syringe into her, you can knock her out and stuff her into a case.
- After tranquilizing a girl and stuffing her into a case, Yandere-chan will automatically transport that girl back to her home, and the girl will become a prisoner and appear in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- Added a “Sponsors” screen before the title screen to acknowledge people who are helping significantly to fund the game’s development.
- Changed the wording at the pink screen that appears before the game loads.
- Added a placeholder school nurse (that the player cannot interact with).
- Modified the appearance of the game’s HUD. (Artwork not final.)
- Added “Ask Favor” menu when interacting with students.
- Gave the player the ability to open and close doors.
- Added the ability to compliment student NPCs.
- Gave NPCs the ability to open and close doors.
- Made reputation persistent across week days.
- Added a really crappy-looking nurse’s office.
- Added a gymnasium to the school grounds.
- Added one unfurnished classroom interior.
- Added a grim, dark, edgy Easter Egg!
- Added a new title screen.
- Fixed bug that would make the pause menu get stuck onscreen if the player paused the game right when the police timer hit 00:00 or school clock hit 06:00.
- If you are talking to an NPC while bloody, you will not recieve a reputation penalty while you’re conversing with them.
- Fixed bug that would occur while pressing the Escape key at the Send/Save/Delete photo screen.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to recognize a pool of blood or a corpse behind a wall.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to take a “moving photograph”.
I’m extremely curious to find out more about the demographic that is interested in Yandere Simulator. Please take a moment to tell me a little about yourself!
Thanks for your help!
Information for Newcomers
A lot of people learned about Yandere Simulator last month; the blog received more traffic in March than in every month of 2014 and 2015 combined. As a result, there are a lot of newcomers who don’t know much about the game. I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but every day, I read dozens of e-mails and comments that ask me questions I have already answered countless times. I would strongly suggest reading the FAQ, and scrolling down the WordPress page to read about all of the features that are planned for the game. You can also learn a lot about the game by reading the interviews that I have taken part in. (That last link is NSFW!)
Ever since Yandere Sim started getting lots of attention last month, I have been receiving TONS of bug reports. Most game developers have to pay money in order to get this much bug-testing help for their games! I am very grateful for all of the support and assistance that newcomers to Yandere Simulator have been showing me!
With that said, I have some bad news to share. About 90% of the bug reports that I get are unhelpful. Every day, I read far too many bug reports from people who are:
- Reporting bugs that I already know about and choose not to fix because they are low-priority at this stage of development
- Reporting a missing feature as a “bug” because the feature has not been programmed yet
- Reporting bugs that result from debug commands (which won’t be in the final game)
- Reporting bugs that result from Easter Eggs (which won’t be in the final game)
- Trying to play the game on a platform that is not yet supported (Mac)
- Reporting bugs from old, outdated, obsolete versions of the game
Before you report a bug, please check the list of known bugs on the Downloads page (updated periodically). By reading the “Known Bugs” list, you can learn whether or not I already know about the bug that you’re trying to report. I’m starting to worry that nobody actually reads any of the text on that page…
Every time you send an unhelpful bug report, a yandere girl loses her senpai. Please, think of the yandere girls.