If you want to download the latest debug build, click here! The next build will be uploaded on April 2nd.
These two videos will show you most of the progress that I’ve made over the past two weeks:
If you’d like to know all of the details, here’s a more thorough change-log:
- You can now take pictures with Yandere-chan’s smartphone camera.
- The smartphone can zoom in and zoom out when taking pictures.
- You can save up to to 25 pictures taken with the camera.
- You can view and delete pictures from the pause screen.
- You can use a picture of Senpai to restore lost Sanity.
- If you send Info-chan a picture of a student’s face, she will provide you with useful information about that student.
- If you send Info-chan a picture of a student’s face, you will be able to track that student with “Yandere Vision”.
- You can send panty shots to Info-chan, and she will remember who you have taken a panty shot of.
- You can use your phone to open up the menu that will allow you to request favors from Info-chan.
- You can’t actually request favors from Info-chan yet; you can only look at the menu.
- Info-chan has a response when sent pictures of blood and corpses.
- Info-chan also has a response when sent pictures of Senpai.
- The flow of the game is now: Calendar > Home > School > End-Of-Day Results > Repeat
- It’s possible to decorate a cork-board with pictures you’ve taken.
- It’s possible to view a panty-changing interface.
- It’s possible to view a shrine to Senpai.
- If you’re getting a low frame-rate in Yandere-chan’s room, press the “0” key to disable all post-processing effects.
- Added the ability to pass time by attending class. The screen where you allocate “Study Points” and level up your abilities is not yet implemented. Also, the teachers don’t care if you attend class while bloody, armed, insane, or dragging a corpse.
- If you are covered in blood and try to start a conversation with a student who has not yet noticed the blood on your clothing, the student will react to the blood instead of having a conversation with you.
- If you apologize to a student for being bloody and end the conversation, the student will wait 5 seconds before reacting to the blood on your clothing again.
- Attempted to fix the bug that could cause a student to become “attached” to Yandere-chan when trying to murder multiple students in a row.
- If the player is using the “Pass Time” feature when the cops arrive, the speed of time will return to normal.
- It is now possible to exit the pause screen by pressing the “B” button on gamepad, or “Q” on keyboard.
- Fixed bug that would cause the weapon menu and dialogue menu to appear onscreen at the same time.
- It is now possible to stop the “Pass Time” feature by pausing the game while time is passing.
- The student NPCs now socialize with one another before class and during lunch.
- Attempted to improve collision detection in the school (still not perfect).
- Attempted to improve the “evil maniacal cackling” animation…again.
- Changed the smartphone graphic at the pause screen.
- Added crouching and crawling.
- Added a new easter egg! This one is not mapped to a button on the keyboard; it involves photography…can you find it?
New Page For Latest Download
You’ll notice a new link at the top of the blog: “Downloads”. That page is where you will find a link to the latest debug build of the game, and the current control scheme for the game. I’ll be going through old blog posts and removing older builds of the game so that nobody ever accidentally downloads an ancient build. I’ve also been updating the FAQ over time.
I’m certain that within a few hours, people will discover tons of bugs in the new build. I will upload a new build whenever a significant number of bugs have been fixed, so if you think the newest build is unplayable because of too many bugs, keep checking back for a fixed update!
Thanks and Appreciation
Yandere Simulator has been getting a ton of attention lately! I’d like to extend my thanks to everyone who has been spreading the word about the game. Thank you, YouTube Let’s Players! Thank you, journalists and bloggers! Thank you, South Korean dude who translated every single one of my videos into Korean! You’re all awesome!
Of course, my biggest thanks go to the people supporting the game via Patreon. Without their contributions, I would not be able to afford to spend so much of my time working on Yandere Simulator. You have my deepest gratitude!
I usually update this page on the 1st and 15th days of every month. April 1st is the anniversary of the game’s development, but it is also a holiday reserved for pranks, so the next update will be delayed until April 2nd.