At the end of each year, WordPress provides its users with data about their blog’s activity. Here’s a link to Yandere Sim’s data report:
I’d like to take a moment to review some of the more interesting data points!
The most visitors we got on a single day was 10,441, on July 2nd. I think that’s because somebody posted a gameplay gif on Reddit. It’s amazing to think about what an incredible boost of traffic just one gif can provide. However, I’m not going to make a concentrated effort to post gifs or gameplay videos until the game reaches a stage where I feel confident enough to show it off. I think that day is not far off!
How do people find Yandere Sim? The top five referring sites were:
- 4chan.org – Development of the game began by discussing the concept on 4chan, and I’ve been posting bi-monthly threads about the game on 4chan to ask for feedback and suggestions, so it makes sense that 4chan is our top source of attention.
- reddit.com – This site may have the 2nd spot purely because of that one post in July.
- haruhichan.com – Probably ranked third because of this article they wrote back in July. Hopefully the game becomes impressive enough to warrant more articles sometime soon!
- facebook.com – I’m surprised to learn that a social networking site is a main source of traffic; I didn’t think that people would be brave enough to post about a schoolgirl-slaughtering sim where their friends and family can see it!
- twitter.com – I’m pretty sure that 99% of the traffic from Twitter is due to one very dedicated individual who assists in spreading the word about the game, and for that, I am very grateful to him!
So, what’s next for Yandere Sim? For starters, I’ll continue to post updates on the 1st and 15th days of every month. I’m hoping to release a playable demo by March 1st, and launch a Kickstarter by April 2nd. (Can’t launch it on April 1st, people would think it’s an April Fools’ prank!)
Thanks to everyone who has shown their support and encouragement thus far! I hope that the game will meet your expectations!
10 thoughts on “Yandere Sim 2014 Annual Report”
Well I wish you all the best for the Kickstarter Project Yandere Dev 😀
If it helps you at all, I found out about your project because of one of YunoInbox’s videos.
Good luck with that KickStarter, however.
Happy new year, and as always, thanks for your dedication!
>using half chan
>Using some random chan instead of 7chan or 4chan
Wow….I just found this Yandere sim from lurking on the youtube, and now I can’t wait to see and play the game.. (ξっ´ω`c)
Pingback: Reputation and NPC Interactions | YandereDev
Pingback: Yandere Sim 2015 Annual Report | Game Development Blog
Pingback: Yandere Sim 2016 Annual Report | Yandere Simulator Development Blog
First off, I’m glad to hear that you found this list helpful! We really strive to be a useful source of information for business professionals, so I’m happy that our efforts are paying off
NBA 2K MT